Someone else's eyes

I was swimming in and out of consciousness with Michael's soft voice in the background, I could feel a lot of people staring at me, but the next second they were gone, I don't mean gone like the feeling just went away, I mean gone, gone.

How could I be somewhere different when I feel the seat under my legs?, and how am I the only one here?. I noticed some smoke coming from near in front of me, If I got past the millions of trees surrounding me then I might be able to ask for help. Mom? maybe my mom had "called" me again and was waiting for me, or maybe I had finally lost my head.

Every time I got closer to the fire the earth seemed to stretch out and then I found myself far away again.

A tap on my leg brought me back to reality. Michael was discreetly looking at me and I tried to focus on the meeting again.
All I could hear was bla bla bla, apparently my little slip wasn't noticed by anyone except Michael, so I hadn't fallen asleep as I thought before. Lately this had been happening to me, it's like they were visions or I was directly looking through someone else's eyes. The mark on my chest was burning and I rubbed it nervously.

I focused my attention on whoever was talking because it was better than thinking about things I didn't have an answer for.

"And we need more strobe lights at the club and the casino" the man said, I could practically hear Michael's brain wondering if this were actually the most intelligent people on earth. I questioned if they were worth keeping around, more than once a day.

"Denied" he answered leaving no room for discussion.

"And what about increasing the rations of food during breakfast and dinner Sir?"

"Also denied. Have you looked around you? People were wasting food all the time, we can't keep doing that if we want this food to last a decade. Are you really intelligent at all?" He asked with a tired look on his face. They were all now looking at the floor or the table, like punished kids, I guess in a way they were.

"Be useful and tell me where's Doctor McClain" he demanded

"Sir, we've told you... she was supposed to be in this outpost but... she never came" a woman nervously said. Liar. Even from here I could smell her lies.

Of course Michael did too. He pressed his palms to the table and leaned in looking at each of the pathetic Cooperative members.

"Lie to me just one more time, and I'm gonna rip your head off right now" he warned all of them. "Where's this outpost you haven't told me about? Now I'm especially talking to you,couple of  fucking idiots" he said turning to look at Jeff and Mutt who weren't far from us. Jeff was drawing a penis on his Cooperative notebook as Mutt made some obscene signal and they both laughed, only to abruptly stop when Michael looked at them.

"How are we supposed to know about that Mr Langdon?" Jeff asked

"I know you two placed yourselves here and changed some of the plans, as I'm also aware of the people missing. Where is doctor McClain?!" he slammed his fist on the table and made a whole. Everyone jumped at the sound, including myself and the baby protested in my belly.

Since Michael had found out that Jeff and Mutt had manipulated Ms. Mead and changed themselves to this outpost he had been obsessed with finding out what else had they done. With my help in divination I was able to uncover other things they did, like hiding another outpost from Michael's knowledge. He already knew the approximate location to this outpost and I gave him a list of the names of the people there, more scientifics and doctor than anything, but he was looking for more and more reasons to finally kill them.

The obsession with Doctor McClain was a bonus, he insisted that I needed someone more qualified to treat this pregnancy and he would do anything to get that nurse here. I was just tired of this.