midnight talks

I had been here for almost two hours now, everyday day looked the same, the only different thing were my dresses and lunch. Every morning Ana would come and wake me up, tell me that Michael was waiting for me to have breakfast, I will take a bathroom and change into another stupid victorian era dress, after breakfast we trained and after eating sometimes we trained more but if Michael had something "classified" to do I could play the piano.

So far the only advances I've made regarding magic were that my divination skills were getting better and I no longer burned things when I got mad, which also happened pretty often because everytime I tried talking to Michael he would trick me into cooperating first and then he'll always find a way to make me mad. Whether it was him making me talk about something uncomfortable or him getting to close to me and invading my personal space.

Today I chose a blue dress, Ana helped me and I joined Michael for breakfast. Due to Ana being the only other person apart from Michael who will ever talk to me I had grown pretty close to her, I often asked her about her life, her family, how the hell did she end up here and what does she know about Michael and cooperative.

She is pretty chaty unless he is around because she says that is not appropriate for us to talk, or so Michael says. Honestly I don't care, everytime I try to get close to him he always shuts me down.

Two nights ago I had a vision about him, he looked younger, with shorter hair and he was dressed in some kind of uniform, Michael was reading a book while trying to conjure something I think, after he said something in a language I couldn't understood some shadow appeared, he smiled but got mad when the shadow banished.

I woke up and was unable to sleep again so I headed to the piano room, but when I arrived Michael was already there, surprisingly enough he was playing something happy for once, remembering the other night he told me to join him I decided to enter the room and stood before the piano watching him play. He looked so good while playing, his eyes were closed and he was fully concentrated on feeling the music.

He opened his eyes and continued playing don't minding my presence there, after he finished he made room for me on the bench, without question I sat beside him. After all the time I had spend with him I wasn't that afraid of him anymore, I had learn to understand him without words and he sometimes did the same with me, he also respected our deal of him not reading my mind anymore so I trusted him.

"Would you play a piece with me Diza?"

"Fine, but it must be something happy as you were playing before"

"You choose"

We had fun playing together and then we talked, well more like Michael asked me things and I'll have to answer but still him listening to me was good. I decided to gather some courage and ask him something without taking no or classified for an answer.

"Michael, don't you have parents?"

"Of course I do, everybody has parents" He rolled his eyes and snickered.

"But don't you miss them? I mean you never leave the house except to meet with the cooperative, and you never mention anything about them."

"Why would I miss them?", they are my parents yes, but the only family I knew was my grandmother."

"Describe her"

Michael seem a little unsure whether to answer to me or not, but I guess he had learned to trust me too, because for once he actually answered.

"She's blond, kind, classy, stubborn and the best woman you will ever meet. No matter all the mess I made she would always cover for me, she took care of me when no one else wanted to."