5-.Queen.-5

◾️⬛️◾️
"Pain, but I won't let it turn into hate..."
◾️⬛️◾️

I spun in a circle, my arms thrown wide and head tossed back in a laugh. Kai whipped the chair under me again, sending me spinning circles once more. I kicked off his leg, rolling over to the desk where a computer was, hooked up to Jays video and audio feed.

"Tell me the update, Ginger." I said into the microphone as the leather black chair rolled forward against the desk as Kai leaned against the back of my chair, his arms folded and breath blowing at the back of my head.

"I'm not a ginger." My brother hissed at the other line, I head Kai snicker and I laughed.

"Red hair, big bro." We watched as he walked down the sidewalk in the city where Jax had directed us.

"Actually, you have to have brown eyes to be a ginger."

"Stop being a smart alek with your sister. I have a date with her tonight and I'd prefer to have her in a good mood."

"Really?" Kai questioned and I spun in my chair to shrug before returning to the feed.

Jay was setting up Jax with his own mic and camera. We had dressed my brother up for the occasion, fake tattoos and piercings to match my date's. Leather jacket and sunglasses to match. He enjoyed it a little too much.

Kai was jealous.

A serpentine sat before us on the video feed. A scar marred his face, and it was understandable that he was a weapons dealer.

He had already prodded Jay and Jax with questions, which they both answered perfectly.  He sneered and looked about the room before sighing and finally giving the verdict.

"The ginger can stay. I don't trust tall dark and handsome."

"I told you." I whispered into the mic and Kai high-fived me.

I slid into a cute short wine colored dress, which held my curves perfectly. I poofed my short hair up and with a dark lip, I was rocking and ready for tonight. Nya was at my door, her shoulder leaning against the frame and arms crossed. "You sure about this?"

"Am I ever sure about anything?" I cocked an eyebrow at her as a slipped on my heels. She shrugged and I smiled into the mirror to make sure I didn't have lipstick on my teeth.

Jax pulled up, minutes later, in a black Jeep. He wore a buttoned up black shirt, sleeves rolled up and a wine colored bow-tie to match. "Ready snotty-hottie?"

I hopped in, and rolled my eyes and buckled in one quick movement. "What are we doing again?"

"Remember, my 'rents are FILTY rich? Yeah they have events every so often with all the proper people. Always disappointed when I don't bring along a lady friend." He rolled out, making hand gestures as he talked and drove.

Another roll of my eyes, and I snatched his glasses off his face, placing them on my own. With a laugh at his reaction, I pushed a button at front of the car. Above us, the sun roof slid back with a soft noise of resistance.

I unbuckled as he drove slow on backroads and slid out of the sunroof, sitting on the top of the car, feet dangling down in his Jeep.

I closed my eyes as the wind pushed my hair back, the warm evening breeze feeling wonderful on my skin. Jax pulled up in front a white mansion and I smiled as people looked at me (mind you, on top of the car) and whispered. I ducked back down and smiled to my date who just gave me an exasperated look.

He opened my door, and I slid out, holding his arm as he escorted me. With a hand, I slid my sunglasses (well, his, but) from my face onto my head.

"You know this is a formal event?" Jax whispered to me, giving a questioning glance.

"Says the one with tattoos. Excuse you, I'm the leader of those ninja. We've saved these people more times than you could count. I can do what I want, sweetie." I growled in response with a sticky sweet smile.

Jax returned the smile and shrugged. "Why did I expect any thing less from you, cupcake?"

I held a wine glass filled with water in one hand, the other propped on my hip, while I swirled the drink in my hand and watched people mingle. Jax stayed at my side, his arm around my waist.

"Surprised the mayor isn't here." Silently, Jax pointed to someone in the crowd from beside me. I snorted and shook my head as I saw the mayor.

"Ah, Jackson." A posh voice sounded from behind me as Jax and I spun, him holding me close. We were met with an older couple with graying brown hair. They held themselves in a manor that told me they thought of themselves higher than everyone else.

"Mom. Dad." His voice was tight and he pulled me closer to him and away from them.

"And who is this?" His father questioned, turning his gaze to me. I happily returned his look with a smile. I knew that Jax didn't like his parents, but he seemed to want them to like him.

I stepped out of his grasp and gave a toothy smile.

"Hey-"

"I'm Y/n. Walker." I didn't flaunt my connection to Jay and the boys much, but I was feeling a little wild tonight. Jax's father stuck his hand out to me, to shake.

I slapped it and narrowed my eyes. "I don't do hand shakes. High five suit me more."

I smiled as I watched his face fall and I turned to Jax. "Let's go, babe." I took his hand and led him to the edge of the dance floor.

"That was... priceless. I've never seen him so humiliated!" He laughed and shook his head.

"You're welcome. I don't like prim and proper. Loosen up, live a little."

I wasn't talking to specifically to Jax, more to the entirety of society, but he took it that way. "Okay hun. Wanna dance?" He held his hand out and raised his eye brows at me.

He took my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor where he spun me and I let out a laugh. With a chuckle in return, he pulled me close, his hand in the small of my back. I rested my chin on his shoulder and he leaned his head against mine.

We softly swayed to the simple music. It was rhythmic and calming. After a while, I closed my eyes.

After a while, I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head.