V-day special

"Happy Singles Awareness Day!" Nya shouted and threw her arm around my shoulders. I snorted.

"Yeah yeah I'm single and I know it. Don't rub it in." I elbowed her and rolled my eyes as she plopped down next to me. She laughed and I smiled.

"So am I! How about we do something tonight? You and me?"

"Get Cole out of the house and I'm down."

"Deal." She said with a wink.

With a blind fold tied around my head, Nya led me to the living room. Well.. tried.

My head smacked into a wall and I grumbled. "Ow. Watch it."

"Sorry!" She protested with a squeak. With a tug into the room, she pulled off my blindfold.

The room was dark, but it was softly lit by little golden lights around a giant blanket fort I'm sure she and Jay made. (Jay had a secret talent for making the coolest forts ever).

A gallon of cookie dough ice-cream sat on the table in front of the fort, along with a spoon and a bucket of popcorn. I look to her and frowned. "You did all this?"

She nodded. "Yep! Jay helped some, too."

I threw my arms around her neck in a tight hug. "You're the best, Nya. Thank you!" She laughed and led me into the fort.

I crawled in behind her, and shook my head. There, on the pillow floor, lay a little bouquet of white roses and a giant homemade card signed by Jay.

"He's so sweet."

My bestie nodded and pulled up our movie. "We have your favorite movie to watch."

"Happy singles awareness day to me!"