Moves + Klaus Mikaelson

Word Count: 936

Warnings: No?

Prompt: "Sometimes even we don't know what's good enough for us, or at least you don't"

Klaus sat at the bar alone sipping on his third drink, he had heard rumors that there was a new 'unmarked' vampire in town but he could careless especially since Marcel was apparently running New Orleans.

His attention fell on the soul that had taken the chair next to him "Here you go sweetheart." The bartender handed you a drink and you kindly took it letting it sit there.

"And who might you be?" Klaus questions looking over at you, his green eyes were met with (e/c) ones as you looked over at him.

"Y/n, and you?" He smirks "Klaus." He introduces himself.

"So, what's a little thing like you doing here alone?" He asks you shrug.

"I'm new to town, that's all. Sorry to cut this short, but I should go." He looks at you and nods "Well be careful." He winks and you walk away and out of the bar.

Klaus noticed three men- three of Marcel's night walkers follow you out and he groans 'She's just gotten here, leave her alone' he couldn't believe the first day you arrive vampires were going to antagonize you.

He walked out of the bar and looked around only to watch you grab the guys arm and turn his arm so you would stake him in the heart.

"Well you certainly aren't new to that." Klaus comments you turn around and look at him "Come on, come with me." You look at him questioningly and he sighs.

"I won't kill you or take you to Marcel, I'm just gonna take you to my house. My sister and brother live there too." He informs you.

You walked with him the first five minutes were silent but just the first five.

"So, what brought you to New Orleans?" Klaus asks.

"What made you so cold?" You question he chuckles.

"You know me and my family." You nod "Who wouldn't." You whisper.

"To be fair I asked first." Klaus smirks you shrug "No reason, just wanted a change of scenery." You lie.

"Well what made me so cold is nothing, I am pretty toasty warm." Klaus fakes a smile and you shrug.

"Here we are, my house. Which you are welcomed to stay in." Klaus smirks yet again you were beginning to think that he was mentally ill and that it was a defect.

"Elijah, Rebekah we have company!" Klaus calls you stood there feeling like an outcast.

"Oh what has my brother done to you, girls never go home with him." Rebekah sighs.

"Bekah, she's a guest it seems." Elijah smiles softly towards you.

"Oh well then he hasn't compelled you." She whispered the last part so low you wouldn't be able to hear it if you weren't a vampire and listening for it.

"He didn't compel me, he found me after a couple guys tried to stake me after I said I wasn't going to be apart of Marcel's little group." You smile.

"The new vampire, I'm impressed but she'll hate you soon enough. I think we'll get along just great." Klaus rolls his eyes.

"Follow me to your room." You stood in a bedroom alone with Klaus he looks at you and nods slowly.

"This should work for you, right? If not you could have my room." He offers "This is fine." You nod he heads towards the bedroom door and turns around.

"Why are you really here in New Orleans?" You turned to face him and shrug.

"To protect my brother Bradley. He's human I'm not, I thought he'd never find out.. but he did." You answer truthfully Klaus looks at you and nods.

"That's a weakness, don't let anyone-"

"Nobody else but you know about Bradley, I'd like to keep it that way." You cut him off.

"Okay." He walks out.

You've been in New Orleans for a year now, you've hung around the Mikaelson's for a whole year now.

Everybody could see the slight change in Klaus, he was still a cold sociopath but he was a little different. He was slightly kinder.

You were always helping people; you helped humans, witches, vampires anyone that needed help really.

And you were standing up for all the little guys and you knew it probably got you more enemies than you needed but you didn't care.

You were sitting on your bed reading a book, Klaus walked in and you looked up at him putting the book away.

"I love you." His voice was calm and loud enough for you to hear, his words had taken you by surprise though.

"I love you Y/n, you're dead and still care for people. Everyone makes you annoyed- The humans do anyway with their blind optimism. But you still care and help them. You're truly rare for that, and you're beautiful. I love everything about you." He sums up.

You nod slowly he moved so quickly you didn't know what was happening until he was seated on the bed in front of you, he was centimeters away from you.

"I love you too Nik." You whisper with a small nod.

He smiles to himself with a slight laugh "Sometimes we don't even know what's good enough for us, or at least you don't. You deserve so much more than me." He sighs tracing a circle on your cheek with his thumb.

"But yet I want you." You whisper.

He smiles before closing the gap between you both and kissing you "I want you too." He whispers.