Chapter Thirty ~ The Announcement

Please read! 

I would really like to nominate EMC for the special award of Best Overall Cast for the Watty Awards 2012. Please help me do this by going to the external link and filling out the two question nomination form. It won't take you more than 30 seconds and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

Now onto the chapter. Sorry it's short, but I'm tired and want to go to sleep. 

Don't forget to vote, comment and ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aly Finnan." I heard Mr Lancer's voice over a microphone. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out from the wing and into a spotlight. I was at the top of a large, marble staircase. My fellow classmates, family and other guests were at the bottom in a small crowd. I couldn't help the smile that lit up my face as I stood there waiting for them to announce Jasper as my escort.

There was a hushed argument and then a new voice came over the microphone from the lectern at the back of the ballroom.

“Hiya Folks. My name is Will. Will Coulter, and yes Ladies I’m single.” He winked and chuckled. Mr Lancer was standing next to Will with his arms crossed over his chest unamused. “There’s been a slight alteration to the names on tonight’s programs. Announcing Aly Finnigan and her fiancé Jasper Renn Finnigan.” There were gasps and whispers broke out. I smiled at where I guessed Will was standing. Way to make an entrance, I thought. I’m glad he used my married name even though we aren’t married yet.

Jasper strode out from the opposite wing and offered me his arm. I stood there captivated. He looked like a Roman god, dressed to perfection in a new tuxedo with a black tie. I saw faces with mouths hanging wide open and a few, those of my friends, with huge smiles on their faces.

My black ball gown just touched the floor in my heels. As I took my first step, the bottom split open to reveal the cream triangle of satin in the centre. (Picture of the dress on the side, it’s a bad pic sorry! But it’s the best I could find). I felt like a princess as I took Jasper’s arm as we descended the staircase. Eyes were glued on us and a hush had fallen over the crowd. A few faces were mesmerised by my dress and a few still frozen in shock from the announcement that our teacher, well the man who was our teacher, is my fiancé.

When we reached the bottom of the staircase, I smiled up at Jasper like I was the luckiest girl in the world, and right now it felt like I was.

“Oh hell no!”

All heads snapped to the lone figure, red with rage in front of me.

I couldn’t help the smile that slipped onto my face. “I told you so.” I whispered so low that only she could hear me.

Amber Johnson was standing in front of me with a scowl painted on her hideous face. She wore way too much make up it looked like someone had thrown up on her face, her dress was too short it could be classified as a top and her heels were skyscrapers, one could only hope she would fall.

“Hell yes.” I replied a little louder so the classmates around me could hear. “it’s time someone put you in your place Amber. I don’t want to ruin this special night for any of my fellow classmates, but you are asking for it. Jasper is the most perfect human being in the world. And, He. Is. Mine. So run along to your cheap strippers that don’t give a damn about you because I couldn’t care less about what you have to say. My fabulous, caring and hot fiancé loves me and that’s all that matters.” Jasper smiled at me and captured me in a quick but passionate kiss.

When we broke apart, his eyes were sparkling the most amazing ocean blue and he wore the smile of someone who just won the lottery. Amber screeched in annoyance and stormed off. I laughed at her petty attitude and was thankful I wouldn’t have to deal with her after tonight.

People were patting me on the back and congratulating me. Others were admiring my rings and giggling and whispering with me. Finally I made it to my small group of family and friends.

“Congratulations Aly. If there’s anything I can do to help your wedding run smoothly, let me know.”

“Thanks Mrs Shields.” I smiled at Viv’s mum and gave her a hug.

Mr Lancer called Jasper over and he kissed my cheek announcing he would return shortly.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder and I turned around and was pulled into a bone cracking hug. “Can’t-breathe!” I wheezed out.

“Sorry.” The blonde smiled sheepishly.

“Thanks Will.” I whispered to him, returning his hug but more gently.

“Anytime beautiful. Now if you’ll excuse me there are some hot chicks here tonight.” I laughed and he winked at me before walking away.

“Viv you look beautiful. You too Jack, looking spiffy.” Viv’s dress was a floor length peacock blue number with a halter neck and a split up the right side up to her mid thigh. Jack was in a new black tux with a tie matching Viv’s dress.

“Aly.” I looked up and Jasper waved me over.

I hugged my friends. “You guys go enjoy your night. I’ll find you later.” They nodded and returned my hug.

Mr Lancer cleared his throat. “Although I do not approve of this relationship as it started whilst you were still a student Aly, I will however not do anything about it as Mr Renn here is no longer your teacher.” The butterflies that had started in my stomach froze in shock.

“T-thank you.”

He nodded. “Congratulations.” He smiled and patted Jasper on the back before walking away to talk to parents.

I looked at jasper still in a bit of a shock. A grin lit up his face and he kissed me. “See, everything’s going to work out. Our relationship is out in the open, we haven’t run into the gang in ages and we are all here together. Let’s enjoy the night.”

He kissed me and led me onto the dance floor when a slow song started playing.

After two dances jasper disappeared for a moment. When he came back, before I had time to question him, our song, Forever and Always, started playing.

I hugged him tight and kissed him with a fiery passion. I lay my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist. There wasn’t an inch between us as we moved to the music.

Tears gathered in my eyes and I wrapped my arms around Jasper tighter, never wanting to let him go, to lose him.

As the night went on, the songs became faster and the teenagers became more rowdy in their intoxicated state. Jasper and I made a deal to stay sober for tonight.

It was getting late and I was sitting to the side at one of the tables with Jasper when a sharp pain speared my stomach. Slapping my hand over my mouth I ran to the bathroom and threw up into a toilet.

Warm hands held my hair away from me whilst I emptied my stomach into the toilet. I hadn’t been drinking! What the hell.

When it felt like my stomach had settled, I got up and rinsed my mouth in the elegant sink. Turning around I gave Jasper a weak smile. Luckily there was no one in here, or at least no one I could see. Jasper was in the ladies bathroom so fingers crossed that if anyone walked in they would be too drunk to care.

Jasper picked me up and carried me out to the party. I felt drained and exhausted. It was almost 12 and too early to take the others home. Jasper messaged everyone to let them know I wasn’t feeling well and that we’d wait for them in the car and that we are leaving no later than 2 am.

Jasper opened the back door of the car and lay me down across the back seats, before climbing in after me. He laid my head on his lap and ran his hand through my hair lulling me to sleep as he sang softly to me.