"And when will I be retiring?" Ashton teased back. My body was pressed against his large forearm, only our coats separating our skin. His warmth helped dull the cold and the feeling of the whipping winds, but it was still miserably frigid outside.

"I'm thinking of T-minus three months." Two more months in Moscow, some time in Israel, and some wiggle room just in case. One could only hope everything worked out the way I wanted.

Ashton smirked at my response, pleased with my estimate that we were on time. Everything was going perfectly. "Maybe I'll finally get some in retirement."

I couldn't help but scoff under my breath. "Well, you can try and fuck Samarin if you want but I don't think he swings that way." A smirk graced my pink lips at the thought of the mob boss and the assassin. "I doubt you two tops will get along."

"Who knows," he shrugged his broad shoulders mockingly. "Perhaps Victor is in the closet and has a really big thing for being dominated."

"Then I'm sure he'll have a lovely time." God knows Ashton knew his way around a rope. I could only imagine what he's like in bed. If his reputation was an accurate representation, which I'm sure it was, the Palestinian was filthy in bed and knew just how to push everyone's buttons.

My black sneakers crunched on the thin coating of snow that covered the sidewalk post-shovelling as we reaching our apartment building. Ashton's free right hand opened the glass door, holding it open for the two of us to walk through. I smiled warmly at the security guard sitting behind the desk reading a newspaper. Ashton nodded at him politely as the middle-aged bald man gave us both a small half-smile.

It wasn't until we stepped off the elevator at our floor and unlocked the apartment that I brought up Friday's job. But not without sweeping the apartment for bugs. It was a routine by now; Ashton checked the bedroom and bathroom while I checked the living room and the kitchen before he would look in places too high for me to see on my own. That was one of the many benefits of living with someone almost a foot taller than you.

"You're going to the grocery store later, right?" I asked Ashton after I slipped my sneakers off, leaving them by the door. My sock-clad feet padded against the wood floor as I went back to the kitchen, filling a glass with cold water from the filter in the white fridge.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, plucking the glass from my right hand by reaching over my shoulder. I turned around and crossed my arms, sending a glare his way as he drank the cup I had just poured for myself.

"If you wanted one you could have asked," I spoke blandly.

"Could have," he agreed, handing me the half-full glass back and running his hand through his jet black hair. "I'm probably going to go to the gym before, though." I went to the gym in the morning. Ashton was nowhere near a morning person when he had the luxury of choosing when to wake up. Part of me thought it was a miracle he survived the military.

"Okay. Do me a favor and pick up some sea sponges from one of the shops while you're there," I told him before taking a sip from my water.

Have you ever read a book or seen a movie where the female character can do whatever the fuck she wants without any mention of a period? She could be stranded somewhere for months and have no mention of it. While I admit it was to avoid 'disgusting the men' with such a topic, which was already stupid enough, it was always something that had bothered me. You know why? Because I had to deal with it on a constant basis.

So yeah, I'm on my period and I need to sleep with a man. This is when industry secrets come in handy. Though I never mentioned what industry, because it certainly wasn't the militaries. Let's just say there's a lot you could learn from porn stars and I don't mean in bed.

"Sure," Ashton told me, already knowing where I was going with this.

"Potvin could have better timing," I admitted, turning and setting the now empty glass in the metal basin of the sink. "I can't wait to have to fish it out, so much fun." My voice was dripping with sarcasm more sarcasm than there was blood in my body.

"We both know I'm going to have to," he scoffed. Remember what I was saying about the porn industry? While they too needed their costars to help them get it out because let's just say those sponges go pretty far up.

"It's kind of hard to get a man to fuck you if your bleeding, just putting it out there. Also, your fingers are longer than mine so help a girl out."

"Then you must have a real fun time trying to yourself get off." There's that ever-present sexual bite in Ashton's tone we all know and hate.

"Yeah, that's gotten considerably harder now that I have to share a bed with you," I quipped back, turning around to face him with a pointed look.

"Keep telling yourself that, Sweetheart. I'm sure you have wet dreams about me."

I'll just let the raven-haired, ocean eyed soldier think that because God knows if he was anyone else but an assassin, that would probably be true.