xii.

—— Bloom Again ——

"You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But that peace made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you... this hatred binds us together."

-Pain /Nagato

———————————

"Stop bullying me!"

"Why should we listen to you loser? Look at you, can't even hold a kunai properly and you call yourself a ninja?"

"I'll use it on you if you keep coming closer!"

"Awh, is little baby Hana finally growing up?"

"A little too late isn't it?" Hana look confuses, albeit wary of the hidden meaning behind those word until the next ones finally make her realise. "Get her guys!"

Hana closes her eyes and braces for impact but the impact that Hana had prepared for didn't happen. Obviously judging by Yuki's confuse face too, she was wondering what happen to her other little minions.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"A husky voice spooks the two children as they turn their heads towards the dark corner in the alley. Shivers run down their spine.

"I-I, she was bullying me!" Exclaimed Yuki, as she accusingly pointed towards Hana, the safety of her minions forgotten. Hana gasped dumbfoundedly.

"No, I didn't, you were bullying me!"

"How dare you accuse me? I'll tell my daddy what you did today!"Yuki proudly smirk when Hana's face turned pale

"Yuki Hanoka, sole daughter to the Hanoka clan leader, Gintama Hanoka." The voice from the corner spoke again, and both girls turn to him. Yuki smirk, she knows she is gonna win this battle. She always has and she always will.

"Does your father know you're a brat?" The man finally walks out from the corner and into the light. Hana gulps and watches as Yuki turns bright red immediately

Yuki turns to the man and smirk, "My daddy will know about this and by midnight, you'll be gone."

But the man wasn't fazed by the threat at all.

"Oh really? Perhaps you would like to think about it again. Your daddy won't be able to rescue you this time." He grins almost maniacally towards Yuki and then his eyes landed on the other 8-year-old girl which he presumes from a civilian clan. "Run little one, run and live to tell the story."

Hana did not waste any more time, she bolted immediately. Hana told herself Yuki is capable to get out of there herself. Well, at least that's what she tries to convince herself.

"W-what do you mean by that? Tell me!" Yuki demands angrily

"Demanding aren't you? Well, you just have to go home to find out." The man grins once more. Yuki was pissed. Nobody should nor could ignore her like that! But before she could say anything, the mysterious man grabbed her by the waist and she felt something sharp poking at her neck as footsteps became louder.

"There he is! There's the man who killed Gintama-sama! He was reported to be seen with Yuki-sama! She's the future of our clan so get her out alive!" A man, whose voice is recognised by Yuki as her father's assistant bark orders at the rest of the men

Yuki paled, she realised she was now in the hands of her father's murderer. "You monster! You killed my father! Who are you and why have you come to terrorize our village?"