xiv.

—— Bloom Again ——

"Bonds aren't just about history or blood. It's something much stronger! Feelings of love. That's all you really need."

-Uzumaki Naruto

———————————

"Tsunade-sama, not to be rude, but why are we back in Konoha?" The short-haired woman questioned. This was her first time seeing Tsunade react so strongly. Not even losing a gamble could have made her react this strong.

"I've received a message. "

Shizune perked up and in her arms, Tonton the pig oinked uncomfortably for disturbing his sleep."What about the message? "

"Before the war, your uncle and I established a code so we can contact each other fast and safely," Tsunade explained, and Shizune nods eagerly. Shizune always looks forward to learning more things about her late uncle. His death in the war was a tragedy but it was inevitable. Kato Dan was a man of honour. He would definitely prioritise the life of hundreds over his own.

Tsunade continued, her voice stable but her eyes brim with nostalgic grief."Our codes are made out of colours. It was Dan's idea. Code blue would represent 'we're okay', code red represents 'we got ambushed', code green was to meet at our favourite tea spot and code yellow means our schedules are delayed be it because of the war or other stuff."

"Tsunade-sama the letter—they mention code purple? What about code purple? And could it be possible that someone else finds out about your code? "

"Code purple was to meet up at the place we both first met in Konoha. I don't doubt that someone may have intercept our letters, but Shizune, your uncle and I—" Tsunade paused, her eyes trailed across the familiar street searching for one store. "Your uncle and I came up with those code in rooms that had silent seals. No one could have understood what it meant other than Dan and me."

"So that's why we're here. You think it's my uncle?" Shizune asked

"I—no. It's quite impossible to be him," At Shizune's fallen face, Tsunade continued, "But, whoever this cherry blossom is, they must have some connection with Dan."

Tsunade and Shizune stopped at a rustic old shop. It didn't take long for someone from the shop to notice them.

"Tsunade-sama, you're back!" A girl in her teens excitedly ran towards the sannin

"Kyo-chan, look at how big you've grown!" Tsunade smiled and embraced the young teen. It has been years since she saw this girl.

"You were gone for so long! Jiji keeps telling me you were on a mission. I was worried for you!" The young teen cried out

Tsunade inwardly scoffed but her eyes soften. Of course the old man would hide the fact she ran away from Konoha. Tsunade broke the embrace and ruffle the girl's brown hair.

"Kyo-chan, while I'm very glad to hear what you've been doing these past years, do you know if anyone came looking for me this past month or so?"

"Yes, someone came by last week and left a letter for you Tsunade-sama!" The brown-haired girl lead both the sannin and apprentice into the store. Kyo reaches out underneath the counter and fishes out an envelope.