"You're better than them, Ally." I try to cheer her up while the both of us enter the kitchen to drop the dirty plates in the sink.

She sighs, leaning against the sink and looking down at the ground. "Do you think he'll want me if I sleep with him?"

"Fuck no." I scowl at her. "Stop it with whatever you're thinking. I probably shouldn't say this since he's my brother, but he's not worth it."

"Why?" She glances up at me. "I mean, all of you aren't virgins anymore either. All the 'first times should be special' shit likely doesn't applies to most people anyway."

"Yes. But you're doing it because? You think just giving him your virginity will make him want you back? That's just... foolish, Ally. You've seen how he's like. It's not worth it to give your first time to someone in hopes of keeping them."

"So, what do I do? He doesn't even talks to me." She looks down again and I feel my heart clench.

"You know... he's not the only tree in the forest, right? Just because he's a jerk doesn't mean others are. You will find someone who deserves you."

"So you're saying I should move on, find some other guy to crush on and forget about him?"

"No. Of course you can keep liking him. But you ought to stop having thoughts of giving yourself to him in exchange for his attention. I can't speak for him but who knows, one day he may come around when he decides he's ready to date again? Don't lower yourself to that position where you have to sleep with him for that to happen, sweetheart."

Ally straightens up, smiling at me. "I know. It was a hypothetical question. I don't think I'm that bothered since I won't see much of him eitherways." I pull her in for a side hug. "But you're being hypocritical."

Huh? How did this somehow centers around me again?

"What?" I shoot her back.

"Let me quote, 'there isn't just one tree in the forest'. You've been shutting yourself out because of one toxic tree when there are much better, healthier trees out there for you. There's even literally one right in front of your eyes, but you refuse to see it. Isn't it ironic? That you're letting one tree stop you from hanging out with other trees again?"

Okay. So this is now a topic about trees.

I sigh, my turn to slouch. "It's not the same, Edison."

"It is! You're the most ridiculous girl ever. Like I went to see your following on your instagram, and you literally do not follow a single male species except those four outside and some celebrities. Like is it really necessary? To shy away from all the guys who tries to befriend you?"

"I mean..." I trail off, not knowing what to counter. The only reason why I refuse to make male friends was because I never believed in platonic friendships. Well, that's until I met my brother's friends. Even then, now the situation with Zac just proved me even more right.

"What are we talking about? And why am I not included?" Cass walks in, breaking my train of thoughts.

"We're talking about how dear Kelsey here is being hypocritical with her boys logic." Ally grins and I glower at her.

"Oh? I'm all ears!"

———
Later in the day, we are pretty much at a loss of what to do. Ally is rarely ever free from work, so we wanted to use this chance to spend more time hanging out together. We all searched online for ideas until I come across a event page on Facebook advertising for a Halloween themed carnival, and today will be the last day before it ends.