Chapter Forty Three

Začať od začiatku

As I strolled down the pathway, someone catches my eye. "Nani!" I tried calling out to her but she doesn't hear me. "Nani!" I yelled a little louder, trying to get her attention but I still didn't manage to get her attention.

I tried jogging my way up to her, eyes fixated onto her form entering the building. I wanted to talk to her and try to explain myself at least.

Not being aware of my surroundings, I run into someone and a pile of books slam itself into my chest.

"Ow!" I fall to my knees with the books clattering to the ground, feeling an excruciating pain course through my body.

"Areum!" The voice called out as a form bends over to face me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. Are you okay?" And I looked up at the male, my vision blurred with pain and tears.

"It's okay," I groaned as I crouched lower. "I just need a second." I breathed out, waiting for the pain to subside but it didn't.

"I'm so sorry." Jaesun repeated. "Are you okay?" His hand reaches for me waist as he made sure I didn't fall over.

"Give me a second," I say, each breath causing a blinding pain to pierce through my chest. I feel my phone buzz but I didn't have the strength to answer it.

"Did I walk into you that hard?" Jaesun asked, a little confused as he stared at me with worry.

"No." I finally straighten my back, "I was in a car accident," I sucked in another shallow breath, the pain still throbbing. "So I'm still sore." I manage to speak out and his eyes widened.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked as he sees me struggle to move. He slowly helped me up, holding onto me firmly as he stared into my eyes, checking to see if I was okay.

"Mmhmm, don't worry I-" and before I could finish, a loud voice boomed, interrupting me.

"What the hell's going on?" Taehyung growled at Jaesun, staring at his hands on my waist.

"Taehyung," I said but not leaving me a chance to explain, his large hands shove Jaesun to the ground.

"What did you do, huh?" Taehyung hissed, grabbing Jaesun by his shirt and lifting him up.

"Taehyung, that's enough." My voice raised a little but it was pointless as my words landed onto deaf ears.

"Nothing!" Jaesun shrunk back, "it was just-" and Jaesun was stopped the moment Taehyung's fist cracked across his jaw.

"Taehyung!" I screamed, rushing to him, ignoring the pain that stung through my chest. "Stop it!" I yelled, holding onto Taehyung's arm as he stared at Jaesun intently.

"Stay the hell away." He let out, low and menacingly and with that he released his grip, allowing Jaesun to fall to the ground.

I remained frozen, staring at Taehyung, being completely shocked with his sudden violent outburst. I've never seen this side of him.

With the lick of his lips, Taehyung walked a few steps away as though to cool down. He ran his fingers through his hair as he threw his head back, taking in deep breaths.

"Oh my God, Jaesun." I rushed towards him, a little blood trickling from the corner if his lips.

"It's fine," he waved me off slightly, "I'm fine." His eyes go dark and rigid as he stared at Taehyung's form.