|60|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 6 0 |

It was claustrophobic. With Chef Kim Kai there, walking around and judging her, she couldn't help fidgeting in her heat. The glints in his eyes and suddenly, his vision clear and predator like when he glared back at her.

A hard slam on the table.

"WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT BEFORE THE INCIDENT?!"

"Um... home?"

"Oh." Chef Kim Kai took a moment to think before – "WHERE WERE YOU THE NIGHT AFTER THE INCIDENT?"

"Here?" The girl just shook her head, trying to knead her lumpy brain back into gear. "Do you even know how to interrogate, Chef?"

"Where were you the night of the incident?" he asked quietly this time. And as soon as she nodded, the chef just wailed, "WHERE WERE YOU THE NIGHT OF THE INCIDENT?"

Jayoung just smiled and sipped her tea, her ears burning, her eyes crinkling at the chef who was adorably trying to scare her. "I just took a bus to my sister. Walked around a bit and decided to eat when I found Chef Yunho and apologized."

A long sigh and Chef Kai giggled before leaning over to her and ruffling her hair.

They were back in Chef's restaurant. The old Chinese was out with the others to gather the ingredients, but Chef Kai had reassured her that they didn't even want to work without knowing about her condition. It didn't take long for Chef Yixing to get over it, but she must have freaked everyone out because according to Chef Kai, "They were bumping into each other all around. The synergy was off. Mostly, Chef."

The guilt immediately crept back in her mind when her sunbae shook his head and added, "Chef is always like that. When he's bothered, everything just ... well, it's off, and we'd get caught in the crossfire."

Now, she was left jobless. The girl barely rose to the ranks of a waiter before cleaning so many dishes, and it was gone in that second. She was back at the start. Moreover, the grades in her college started to get her once the soju finally wore off. Of course, Minseok... she completely forgot about him all this time. Oh, no... What Chef Yunho said about letting yourself get distracted and leaving the most important things untouched –

"Jah!" the raspy voice of Chef Kai startled her. The man then stood up and took off his jacket before calling her over. "Change into Kyung's Uniform."

"Kyung?"

"Oh... we're pretty close." He even got keys to Sous Chef's locker. That must be something. "What? Do we look like we wouldn't get along?"

A shrug of her shoulders.

"Well, don't think about that." The man stood before her, proud in his white chef uniform that fit and his curves and muscles. Hers, on the other hand, was still loose. It was Sous Chef's after all. She had to work hard to get her own uniform. "Let's cook something. Have anything in mind?"