|73|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 7 3 |

He opened his eyes to the plump cheeks all red, perhaps from the tossing and turning

He opened his eyes to the plump cheeks all red, perhaps from the tossing and turning. Jayoung ventured close to squeeze his organs out even in her dreams, but Minseok couldn't really complain.

The creaking in his back lessened and the numbness set in. The laptop on the windowsill remaining. He was working on his first assignment. This degree was quite expensive, but if he put everything into this, he might be on to something. He was supposed to make a slick photo book. A random pick. Others got to design a website, a magazine, a novel, an advert flyer... maybe he should've just stuck to photography, but... he was learning something was just as integral.

It was killing him inside whether it was a good idea to put Jayoung in the whole project. Cartooning her would mean changing every format, but he didn't want to show her real face. It would take time, but the deadline was so close. Why did he impulsively think of her as his project? From a technical standpoint, it was clearly not a wise choice. From a heart-shaped eyes standpoint? Definitely worth it.

"Morning." A throaty whisper prickled his chest. Jayoung titled her head up, blinking. It was deliberate when she moved close to peck his cheek. "I'll have to wake early for the grannies." It was another kiss on his hair, and she moved away, leaving him star-struck.

Pushing himself up, Minseok caught his own flushed cheeks in the glass window and rolled his eyes before walking to the windowsill to grab his laptop.

There was something in his heart right then. He could hear steps nearby, shower turning on. Minseok blinked and realized what was happening.

Stop it... you old pervert.

But sitting in her bed, back comfortably resting against the headboard. Was he delusional or was his bed so uncomfortable that this one was so much better? His bedroom was somewhat similar, but he knew what was missing.

Restarting the laptop, he slowly took in what surrounded him. Blue. All the school supplies and the cookbooks on the shelf that Jayoung was probably hoarding and not getting around to actually reading. Maybe, he could teach her how to not move on to another book and finish books properly.

However, when Jayoung stepped out of the bathroom, all fresh-faced and in her volunteer uniform already, he stopped thinking again.

"Oppa, you're staying home?" She asked nonchalantly, still drying her hair with a towel.

"Oh, I am." In the reflection, Minseok knew his head was a mess of birds' nest, eyes with a hole deeper than Suho's love for girl groups.

So if he were to stand from outside the window and watched what was happening right now, Minseok was definitely a creep just staring at the woman getting ready to leave. He would tell himself to say something, anything to not make it so awkward. How did he get a job as a consultant in the first place? Then again, it was never him who started the conversation or questions. He was always answering to others' needs and not his own. Even now it was difficult to say a word. Why was it so difficult? It was a piece of cake the other day—