|59|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 5 9 |

"It's been a while. How are you doing?" She smiled at her sister through the glass door. A bunch of white roses in her hands. Quite expensive, but at least it was her last paycheck well-spent. "Me? Not so good."

10:20 am.

For now, she focused on changing the water and the flowers for her sister, trying to ignore the others' soft cries beside her. A pained look Soyoung in her mind and she sighed deeply, unable to comprehend the things her sister must have went through. All alone. This wasn't exactly what she wanted to do, seeing how her sister turned out, but she needed some space. Thinking back, Jayoung had always grown tireless when she remembered a time she could've spent with her sister. Even if it was for a short time.

The fact that it was so easy for her parents to break away from her was expected, but it still brought a pang in her chest. There was something in her heart that had wished they could've at least given her a chance. She understood that the company and money were important, but to the extent which they went so far to keep the profit was laughable at best. If they had just given her a chance, maybe she could have had that satisfaction of redeeming herself.

Maybe if they had let her, the work that she thrived to achieve may have a lot more weight, but in the end, they got the upper hand like they always do. Taking away her chance.

She sat down on the grass, an innocent-looking bottle filled with soju in her hand, outside and looking at the endless tombstone outside where her sister was. The sky was so clear today. A lot less cloudy.

It was then that she recognized a familiar face walking down the path.

"Chef Yunho!"

It was so natural. She didn't need to think twice about the old man.

She jumped and ran, putting her bottle away in her backpack. The old man seemingly waiting for her stretched his lips to a smile when she was in his sight. His hands clutching a bouquet of flowers, standing before a smaller tombstone, his face bare with a soft content expression. His stance was firmer, taller, and maybe just a little more confidence. She almost didn't believe that he had a heart attack less than 24 hours ago.

"Chef! I heard you – wow. It's far." Mumbling clumsy words, she tried to stay on feet as if the run was just a walk through the woods. "I'm sorry. I apologize for my terrible, terrible behavior."

"It's alright."

A few more seconds and she finally registered the fact that the old chef was in the graveyard. He was visiting someone just like she did. And of course, she had to look down to where he was facing.

Jung Yunseol, 1997-2014.

"I still feel horrible, Chef." The girl bowed as far down as far could, trying to wipe away the remaining smell of the alcohol. This may not have been a great timing on her part, but then again, screw timing. At this point, she had to say something.