|37|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 3 7 |

"Oh~~ Our Yongyong is so good at chopping and cutting now

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Oh~~ Our Yongyong is so good at chopping and cutting now." Kyungsoo cooed at her efforts as Chanyeol nodded excitedly.

"True! True!"

The old chef had given everyone a one-week vacation just as Jayoung arrived in Korea and before they could take off and enjoy their vacation, they had convinced the girl to cook for them, which was certainly a nerve-wracking experience since she hadn't been practising during her trip to Japan.

Chef had tried to reassure her that spacing practice time could also help with the improvement; the rest she got was essential for the training, but the dread was still brewing in her heart. The eyes of the onlookers filled with awe while she was cutting up vegetables and meat were certainly not helping.

God, these are world-class chefs and they think my knife skills are out of this world... they really need to get out of the kitchen.

Giving these men some time to refresh could be the best thing Chef had ever done.

"Don't worry. Just imagine you're cooking for me." Minseok sitting at the back blurted out with a fist in the air. The idea of just cooking for him suddenly added a strange context to her food when her head was starting to spin.

"Omo!!!" The old chef, of course, squealed at his words and hugged Minseok so tightly she thought he might have killed her husband. "You guys are adorable!"

What?! No! I mean...

All of a sudden, it was getting easier for her to address him as her partner.

The other chefs just laughed it off, and in a way, Minseok's words did do something to her. She remembered the first time she officially cooked in front of him and letting him watched her instead of just eating the meal. The eager look in his eyes when she let him smell some ingredients and the genuine interest to taste the results kept her awake at night.

She remembered the restless nights and early mornings she spent trying to get a recipe right. Obviously, the fact that the food kept running out wasn't because Jayoung and Minseok were big eaters, but it was due to the fact that she needed refinement and the continuous onslaught of retrying was still haunting her to this day. And all of this for one recipe.

School was not doing her any good, but the cooking, no matter how difficult, no matter how many hours she had to spend just to cut an eggplant right, how much effort and focus it demanded from her, how much sleep she had to lose, how heavy the knife could be sometimes, how frustrating and tedious the recipe required, how long she had to stand, how stained her hands and her feet from the studious practice hours she had to deal with, all of it was worth it. The flow state she entered every time she picked up the knife. She could get lost in that hypnotic feeling forever.

Could this consider as a cooking show?

As she lost herself in the zone cutting the chicken meat into thin strips to them for a normal chicken Bulgogi meal, her eyes zoomed in on the meat on the cutting board. The onions and garlic she had to work on. Normally she would make this for one, but there were seven grown men; she had to come up with a new equation to keeping the taste balanced.

oh, baby girl | minseok ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें