|24|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 2 4 |

To say that she'd gotten sore feet would be an understatement

To say that she'd gotten sore feet would be an understatement. Every part of her that could move hurt. She felt a human punching bag, and that didn't register well with her, especially Minseok.

Jayoung could hear him moving about in the background as she clutched the fluffy blanket for comfort. There was a slight drizzle hours ago. Tiny drops of water clung onto the window while she lied there sleeping. A good night sleep for her, but once in awhile soft lazy footsteps would wake her up from her slumber.

She didn't think it would be anything as severe as depression or DID. Maybe it was just stress. Minseok always cared too much although his words sometimes came across as mechanical.

When she heard the door to his room shut, Jayoung snuck upstairs and took a shower. The man would have sped towards her and tried to help her up otherwise.

In her room, she silently stared at her small feet, squeezing her ankles. If it hadn't been for Minseok, the pain could have been worse. Normally, she would wake up with sharp needles poking her feet every time she walked; now, she felt only a bit of strain.

A knock at her door. "Jayoung-ah? Suho's here."

Opening the door, she found Minseok startled as if he were doing something wrong. Deep breaths calmed her down when she realized that he was too close. Looking up to him, Jayoung muttered a small 'good morning' and he, too, loosened up and broke into a smile.

"You okay?"

"Ne, thanks to you, oppa." The girl playfully poked the man in his chest, letting out a giggle.

When there was no response, her brows knitted and wanted to ask if he was okay instead.

"Yoo-hoo!? Lovebirds? Can I steal Jayoung for a minute, Umin-ah?"

Despite the fact that she had only met and talked to Suho once, Jayoung was excited and rushed down to greet Suho.

"Oppa!"

The crinkles under his eyes and the warm smile welcomed her. "Hey, sister!"

When the man opened his arms for her, she didn't even once think otherwise except running into his embrace. Suho felt like an old friend. Maybe it was because of the fact that he was a CEO of the Kims' company. His charm and his warmth were everywhere. No wonder why a lot of people wanted to work with him.

"Is it a day off for you, oppa?"

"Well, every day could be a day off for me if I wanted." The old brother-in-law gave her a cheesy wiggle in his brows. "I've cleared up most of my schedules and wanted to hang out with you."

"Aww?" they sat down on the couch while Jayoung hugged the small gray pillow in her arms, watching the CEO being bubbly and excited like her. "Why? What about your family?"