Waiting (Edited)

Tanner Pov

I shifted back to my human form and got my mate back from my dad. I look at him and he was out

"Thanks, Dad," I said as I start petting Justine's cheek.

He nods, Amber looks at me and Justine

"We need to get him in now!"

I nod and jogged back inside to the infirmary. I laid my mate back on the bed and amber made my mate shift back once again. Soon she got him hooked up on a heart monitor and a syring bag.

We also had to handcuff his arm to the bed so he doesnt run again. Plus more medicine in his water bag so that can cant shift out of the handcuffs.

I hate seeing my mate like this, but if its the only way to stop him from hurting himself more and help him. Im willling to do it.

Soon he wakes up again.

"Tanner? Wha... whats going on? Why am I back here? Why am I handcuffed to the bed?!? AND WHY AM I HOOKED UP TO A MACHINE THAT BEEPS" as he talks the heart monitor beeps faster, scaring my mate.

"Wow... calm down. I'm right here. We just want to help you," I say as I start petting his head

The heart monitor calms down. I smile towards Justine

"So you're a werewolf?" He asks confused

"Yep, a shifter, like you," I asked confused

"I can't believe there are others like me" he looks at me shocked

Amber soon comes back with a syringe full of stuff.

"Alpha, my team is ready and waiting"

I nod understanding

Meanwhile Justine looks at her and back at me confused

"What does she mean waiting and ready?"

I sigh, "they need to undergo surgery on your ribs. Your rib is so out of place that any more movement from it could possibly kill you" I whimper thinking about his death if I didn't stop him any longer earlier.

Or even if they still can't help him cause he ran and I didn't watch him.

He nods understanding, "fine.... but afterward, I have a few more questions"

I nod and slightly smiling, "and I'll make sure you get the truthful best answer for your questions"

He smiles at me a bit. Me and wolf awe at his small smile. It may be small but it means the world to me.

I turn towards Amber and nod my head, "he's ready"

Amber goes to the water bag that connects to Justine again and inserts the syringe of stuff into it.

After she finishes that, she goes towards Justine

"Alright count to 100 with me"

He nods

They soon start counting. Once I heard them say 10, I felt Justine's head sway a bit.

By the time they got to 15 Justine was out.

Amber gets up and pulls her crew in. They soon pull Justine and his bed out and probably towards the surgery room. I whimper at the sudden loss and try to follow.

Amber calls my dad and father and they come in and hold me back.

My dad starts petting my head. He was and always be a mother figure for me. Meanwhile, my father was stronger and can hold me back if I go mad or crazy.

"He will be ok. He will be out before you know it." My dad tries to reassure me

I nod "I know... but what if he doesn't make it? What if him running away earilier causes damage? What if it was worse then we thought? WHAT IF HE LOSSES TOO MUCH BLOOD" my wolf slowly comes out a bit, altering my voice with my fear and worry

My father sighs, "let's go get some food in you before you starve yourself worrying. Trust me when I say Amber and her team are the best in are pack and town"

I nod, "ok"

My dad drags me and my father out to the car, "Let's GO GET SOME BURGERS AND MILKSHAKES!"

I chuckle a little at my dad's child's side. But I'm still depressed and worry over my little raccoon. I want him to come with us and get burgers and milkshakes.

Apparently I said that out loud

My father turns to me and smiles. "Then we can get one to go and give it to him"

I smile, "thanks father"

Dad whines at us, "can you slow pokes hurry up. I need to feed my own fat ass"

Father rolls his eyes and whispers to me, "im surprised hes not pregnant again"

I nod "same"

"I HEARD THAT"