Lunch Time and 3rd (Edited)

Justine Pov

I ran out of class. Running through the halls as fast as I can without any of the teachers or Deans stopping me for violating a well-known school rule. I ran out of the school and shifted before anyone else came out to go to lunch as well, being an open school campus that it is. I hid my backpack in a tree nearby and jumped into the dumpster, head inside head-on after climbing up a ramp. 

And jackpot, I found fresh, thrown out pumpkin bread, unopened mini packaged cereals, and a good orange. I looked at the dates and saw they expire today.... but that's not the case for this raccoon. Means breakfast for 2 weeks with no complaints about going hungry to school for 2 weeks.

I ate my food with delight

It was quite good. But I had to keep quiet as other students were walking by.

Then a certain strong smell was back again. Not as strong thou.. but it was close....but then it was gone again with other footsteps... why am I going crazy over hamburgers and milkshakes? Has it been that long that my body has been craving to taste what it tastes like once again?

I sneaked some package cereal with me and head back to the tree before once the coast was clear. I shifted and went to grab my bag.

I try to reach for it in the stomp I left it in but felt nothing. I drop my cereals to the ground and looked inside seeing my backpack is gone.

I groan and looked at the cereal at my feet. I pick each one up and hid them in a tree near the park. I
fold my arms in sorrow and sighed walking back inside the school.

I headed to 3rd hour and sat down. I lost all my supplies I gain from stealing and buying... that wasn't fun or easy to do when all people see is a homeless raccoon shifter stealing stuff for an education or money I had stored for food for another hungry day. Do you know how hard it is to get food during the winter?

Soon the tardy bell rings signaling that 3rd has started

That Tanner guy smirks, coming in and sits right by me. Smiling like a crazy weirdo

I looked away feeling down. My grip on my arm with my own hands tightens as I fell myself become more down.

I smelled the hamburger and milkshake on him again...perfect....im going crazy again.

My raccoon was acting up again which was driving me insane.

Why did I have to be a raccoon shifter?

I felt my eyes start to water up as memories of that day start coming back to me. The betrayal. The hurt. The pain mentally and physically I had to go through. I felt a tear run down my face. I swipe it away and looked up at the lesson board. Forgetting about my traumatic experience.

The teacher finishes up writing something and looks up at us

"This is what we're doing tomorrow," he says. I look behind him and saw it was about science lab, "make sure your prepared and ready for it. Otherwise, the rest of this period is your guy's "

I sigh and lay my head down as kids around me cheer in delight and started talking loud to each other.

I was about to fall asleep until a finger tapped my shoulder.

I sighed and turned to see those eyes again

"Hello again~" he flirtatiously said

I roll my eyes, "is there a time you don't flirt?" I said with a bit much attitude

His smile goes away. Staring at me like I have killed somebody... I probably killed his ego. Haha...

"Na not really. Only to cute people~" he went back to his smirking

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "dude... if you're looking to date me. Good luck. Besides there are more fish in the sea willing to date a popular kid like you" I point to the girl in front of me as she was trying to watch Tanner. Blushing while looking away when we looked at her.

He rolled his eyes, "eh. I got better taste" he looks at me again

I sigh, "Tanner.... if that's your name, as you said... I don't do dates. I don't do relationships and I especially don't got time for love and all that shit"

"Fine.. then one question," He says as he got a bit closer

"Shoot"

"What happen to your backpack?" He points it out

I sigh... "kids stole it from me. I'll get a new one"

"You sure about that? I mean I found a bag in a tree that looks just like yours~" he smirks

My eyes jump open and stare at him, "where is it!?"

He chuckles, "at my house. My friend found it and decided to hold onto it. We all live in the same house and she doesn't have a 3rd or 4th period."

I growl lowly, thinking of my chances to steal and get hurt again. Or simply go with this lunatic that has my raccoon crazy in my head

"Fine... ill come with you" I growl again, angry and upset

He smiles brighter than the sun. "Really? I can't believe that worked"

"Hey, " I point at him, "watch it"

He throws his hands up in the air for defense.

"Ok"

I sigh and look away. I hear a chair getting closer to me and an elbow laying on my desk

"so what color do you like..."