Arc 5.27 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Start from the beginning

And don't think that she didn't notice the mischievous smirk on that devil's face, ah! How hateful! Despicable!

But she didn't take too long to mull over it. After all, she had to steal as many guards from her man as possible or there'd be none left! If that happened, then she really wouldn't even be able to shed any tears.

Fortunately, Hua Shen was not keen on attracting more aggro from his baby or there'd only be adverse effects. He loosened his hold on her body, allowing her to leave his side to deal with as many of the black-clothed guards as she could.

Of course, he also didn't intend to sit back and just allow his wife to reap all of the benefits. After all, they were not only spouses but also competitors. More importantly, it was fun competing with his baby. So, even though disposing of the cannon fodder was not worth anything to him, Hua Shen's blood-red eyes were still filled with satisfaction as he accepted Li Feifei's challenge to see who could get the most kills.

Hua Shen could easily get rid of all of the guards with one swing, but his wife obviously did not need him to show off his overwhelming might at the moment. Thus, he only made use of his speed, strength, and the range of his sword to accumulate his kills.

The guards had already been shaken after witnessing their master having been killed so anti-climatically and--frankly--unbelievably. The following bloodbath was to be expected, and the beautiful couple was not merciful enough to let their points run away.

Naturally, Hua Shen won with a difference of three kills. Li Feifei could only lament at her inferior stats, experience, and mostly her bad luck. After all, one would think that the guards would flock to her in an attempt to hold her hostage since she seemed to be much simpler to deal with than the overpowered Hua Shen.

But those guards realized that those who approached her were immediately targeted by the horrifying man, while the ones out of her range were left completely alone!

In the end, Li Feifei's kills consisted of the ones who were running from her while Hua Shen's belonged to the group that had initially run after his wife...

And although Li Feifei's side task wanted her to escape from the manor, in reality, they simply walked out the gates with no one having the capability to stop or hinder them. To keep the tension high, Hua Shen and Li Feifei also granted the other ministers' spies—who had yet to find out that they'd long been discovered—the right to leave and convey the terrible news to their respective masters.

Not even five minutes later, the first few ministers and wealthy merchants that held positions in the oligarchy to simultaneously receive the ominous reports from their subordinates only knew that the Second Prince and his concubine had massacred the Minister of Foreign Affairs! What was more stressful was that their most reliable military official, the Navy Commander Lu Jun was far away in the Kingdom of Hua and could not offer his aid! He did not even know about the adversity that his kingdom was currently facing.

They could only hope that the Minister of Defense and his forces, who also had a military background and were in charge of the kingdom's safety, could do their job correctly as they fled to the docks at the lowest level of the capital. This was the first time they cursed residing in the higher levels near the palace and furthest away from their ships!

Hua Shen and Li Feifei were also situated at the uppermost level of the capital since they'd been leeching off of the Minister of Foreign Affairs for a few minutes. It was obvious that most of the influential people would flock to the coast in order to flee by ship for a comeback later in the future, so as soon as the two stepped out of the residence, they had already set their next destination.

Along the way, there were many more city guards attempting to apprehend them. Apprehending, of course, meant killing them.

It went without saying that they could not delay the couple for even a few seconds. Li Feifei and Hua Shen's kill counts went up, but as the side task reward maxed out at 1000 points, Li Feifei was motivated more by the adrenaline from competing against her husband than the points she could no longer stack.

The attack pattern of that devil remained the same as when they were previously in the minister's residence...it took a while for the guards to find out why they were dying so quickly.

The streets of the formerly bustling-with-cheerful-liveliness capital of Zhao were now bustling with frightened and confused screams of civilians as well as painful groans and shouts of soldiers. Blood puddled and stained the cobblestone ground, quickly aggregating to become an abundant, flowing river.

Even if Hua Shen and Li Feifei considered the civilians as no more than simple strands of data, they did not purposefully chase them down to kill them. After all, they were powerless and not worth their time. However, if there were ever hordes of foolish people intentionally or unintentionally blockading their way to the docks in the lower levels, Hua Shen and Li Feifei did not hesitate to swing their swords to continue their fast-paced advancement.

Due to their indiscriminate slaughter, the two were able to make it to the docks before anyone else. After all, though the leaders who ruled in the oligarchy indeed considered their own wellbeing before others, the civilians were still their own people that they ruled over. They only killed to threaten the disorganized crowds out of their way, while Li Feifei and Hua Shen had swung their swords without any forewarning and left as soon as the space was large enough to continue forward.

The sea was vast and there were piers lined up all across the coast. It was physically impossible for Li Feifei and Hua Shen to cover the entire coast with only themselves. That was why they tacitly agreed to split up after reaching the area. One took care of the left and the other, right.

They were going to destroy all of the ships that had docked onto the piers. If there were any ships that seemed to have recently taken off, they would hurl flaming projectiles toward them, uncaring whether or not the people onboard were innocent or not. After all, who could say if there wasn't a host hiding from their sights?

Furthermore, since they had decided to take over the world in addition to Li Feifei's--and presumably Hua Shen's as well--new side mission, they would bring the battle to the other continents for Li Feifei to have fun while Hua Shen would act as a skillful tour guide to make the most out of her experience. If the other continents sent their men to Zhao, it would be too boring since the two would just sink their approaching boats before they could land!

Thus, when the influential merchants and officials finally arrived at the locations that they'd stationed their own ships at in anticipation and anxiety...

...they were met with the devastating sight of either floating planks of wood or bright burning flames that could even compete with the setting sun across the horizon.