Arc 5.18 Empress of Four Kingdoms

After the entertainment was over, Emperor Li and the Empress had retired to their own respective palaces to "rest." The day was simply too stimulating.

Long Zheng had long left the venue when he stepped out earlier.

Li Yun upheld his duties as the Crown Prince, attending to the guests as well as sending them off. Before he knew it, General Bai had intercepted him and started introducing to him his eldest daughter, Bai Youyou.

This girl was different from her sisters in that she appeared to be gentle and calm upon first sight. She had adhered to propriety when greeting Li Yun and didn't so much as glance at his countenance as she did so. If he did not notice her sneaking glimpses at him before the banquet had started earlier, then he could have believed that General Bai was the only one pining for his position.

Unfortunately, Li Yun proved to be astute and this eldest daughter of the general had failed to appeal to him.

He could understand where these noble daughters were coming from, in their pursuit for an influential man's hand in marriage. However, Li Yun felt nothing for them and had no plans to accommodate any women that could hinder his current peaceful lifestyle.

Moreover, he did not want to take in anyone that held an obvious dislike towards his little sister and her only friend.

Li Yun felt that should the day come when he found someone of interest, then he would take them without any hesitation. However, he had yet to find that someone whom he valued more than his precious little sister.

Of course, as the eloquent Crown Prince he was, Li Yun did not make any assurances nor did he displease General Bai as he slipped away to attend to the other guests as his irresponsible younger brother could not be counted on.

As much as Li Hao wanted to also "rest" with Bai Ping, Bai Ping feigned ignorance and ran up to Li Feifei to talk as they hadn't spoken at all after Hua Shen took her away the previous day from the brothel. Furthermore, her best friend was marrying out of the kingdom the next morning!

Who knew when they would be able to see each other again if not on the busy battlefield?

So, followed by her slightly depressed lover, Bai Ping approached Li Feifei who had snuck out to a nearby gazebo with Hua Shen not too long after her parents had left.

Well, even though it was said that she snuck out with Hua Shen, but it was obvious that Hua Shen had followed Li Feifei out.

Li Feifei felt that the air inside was too stifling and boring, so she would rather sightsee than put up with useless banter.

The pavilion wasn't particularly large, but it was exquisitely designed, with two benches sitting opposite from each other within.

The view that could be seen consisted of the large, clear pond with water lilies forming a semi-chaotic pathway from the gazebo to the other end of the pond. Within, only two koi could be found swimming as if they were the only existences in the world—one completely black and the other white.

Thus, the sight Bai Ping and Li Hao were met with upon stepping onto the gazebo was one that made even the closest of couples feel like they simply weren't qualified to call themselves a "couple."

No matter where he was, as long as Li Feifei was around, it seemed as if Hua Shen had to be in direct contact with her or he'd die or a terrible calamity would befall the entire universe.

While Li Feifei was standing at the edge with her smooth white hands propped up on the rail, Hua Shen had long since taken the liberty to cuddle himself up behind her with his broad chest pressed firmly against Li Feifei's narrow and delicate back.