Arc 1 Extra

A/N: Some of y'all wanted some insight on Gu Yuan's perspective during this arc! I hope it can answer some of the questions you guys had!

.

.

.

Arc 1 Extra: Gu Yuan

"Bro, I don't know whether to call you lucky or unlucky, hahaha..." Zero laughed as he jabbed a fist at Gu Yuan's shoulder.

Gu Yuan was currently seated on a sofa in his living room as he held an invitation in his hand. Zero was casually sprawled beside him with his arms hanging over the back of the seat.

He ignored Zero's mocking remark as he contemplated the first task since his arrival.

[Side Task 1: Attend the gathering. Reward: 50 points]

Gu Yuan was in a level 2 world. As an SS-class host and with his apathetic personality, Zero knew that he would not enjoy this world in the least because there was nothing interesting about it.

Bring his company to the top of the world? Gu Yuan already did that within the first few days after his transmigration. And with the top company came money, so naturally he was also the richest man in the world.

Yet... why the hell did he not get a notification that he'd completed the mission.

Gu Yuan never had the intention to leave after completing the mission because he tended to maximize the profits from each mission world by staying behind to complete any tasks or side missions.

But now he was required by the mission to stay behind, and with his godly intuition he felt a faint sense of foreboding because of that but threw it to the back of his mind.

No matter what came his way, he just had to wave his hand, and everything would run smoothly. That's how everything always was. What concerned him now was how to pass his time in the most entertaining way possible.

As for Zero's casual statement, to Gu Yuan, being stuck in this level 2 world for an entire lifetime was no better than being imprisoned in hell, but he'd been through worse worlds. Gu Yuan would have preferred going into a level 4 or above world, even if the consequence of failing would lead to obliteration.

Zero explained that in order to enforce some form of equality amongst all hosts, veterans would have some points deducted. If the host had over a billion points remaining from previous competitions, they'd start with 5000 points while the other veterans started with 2000. Also, all of the skill points would be reset to 0 (skill points, not skills and skill levels).

Therefore, the consequence for failure of the first mission was inevitably obliteration of the body and soul for the majority of the veterans and all of the new hosts. If he was transmigrated into a more entertaining world higher than level 2 and failed, he would not be able to escape the consequences either.

But, failure?

He didn't even know the word. And if he did, he would never associate it with himself because he'd never lost once in his entire life.

Gu Yuan thought that his life would be more interesting when he first accepted Zero's request to bind with him 1000 years ago. 1000 years of transmigration, the many worlds he could explore. However, everything was "too easy, too boring." By the time he reached B-class, he never spent any more points aside from the occasional room passes. There was no need to spend anything because he could complete the worlds with his ability alone even if he were up against other hosts.

Before he knew it, 1000 years was already over and Zero ran up to him to hug and kiss him all over the face in gratification. They got first place! Of course, Gu Yuan disgustedly shoved the human-turned Zero off onto the ground which made Zero cry injustice.