Arc 5.4 Empress of Four Kingdoms

The group of four arrived at the palace and the physician immediately fixed her up.

As for the reason the female lead couldn't take care of herself despite being a master of medicine and acupuncture, it was obviously because she was too weak and injured at the moment.

As Li Feifei, Li Yun, and Long Zheng hadn't bothered to be low-key about taking care of the female lead's injuries, her lover, Li Hao the Third Prince and male lead of this world obviously got wind of her condition and hurriedly rushed into the lavish room that Li Feifei had set up for her to stay and recover in.

He didn't seem to mind revealing their ambiguous relationship in front of these half-siblings of his or the young general as he pulled a nearby chair and sat beside the female lead.

"Ping-er, who did this to you?" He was undoubtedly filled with killing intent thinking about the culprits behind this attack on his beloved!

For the first time, Li Feifei had seen this half-brother of hers. She inaudibly let out a sigh of relief that her hubby hadn't transmigrated into her half-brother. That would've been weird, but then she remembered about how he had no sense of shame and felt that it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The teenager in front of her was only fifteen, but Li Feifei had to admit that he took after the Emperor's features much more than Li Yun, who took after the Empress. The male lead's eyes were fiercer and more golden than both the emperor's and Li Yun's. As he busied about outside more than the Crown Prince, his skin was also a healthy bronze and his muscles more prominent than Li Yun's.

Apparently, he was in the middle of training his secret forces as he was garbed in the black garments with golden embroidery of soaring dragons that were too small to make out how many claws they had. But, if Li Feifei had to take a guess she would be one hundred percent certain that they possessed six claws because of his obvious ambition.

As for how he could carelessly wander into the palace in such dead giveaway clothes, it was because the Third Prince was only ever seen wearing black clothes anyway so nobody found it weird. Only Li Feifei and the female lead knew about the truth behind his clothes; the former because she was aware of the plot and the latter because she was the lover he entrusted all of his secrets to even though they hadn't even been together for more than half a year

Even if the emperor and her older brother were aware of the Third Prince's ambition they wouldn't stop him but would probably throw him up onto the throne with large smiles and happy laughter as neither of them really valued the crown. Unfortunately the only reason they wouldn't be able to do that even if they knew of the male lead's ambitions, was because the male lead was not fit to rule over the Li kingdom as he was now--a bitter teenager who only wanted the throne to prove his worth as the Emperor's "abandoned" son. He obviously cared little for the citizens.

Thinking of the plot again, Li Feifei couldn't help but let her eyes drift to the female lead's flat belly. When the physician had checked her injuries moments ago, he obviously didn't see any signs of pregnancy so either she was already pregnant but it was still too early to tell or she wasn't pregnant yet.

Well, Li Feifei truly didn't care as the female lead had nothing to do with her--even in the original plot the Second Princess never once met, spoke, nor thought about this General Bai's "pitiful" legitimate daughter. So, instead of letting her eyes rest on that area thoughtfully, her penetrating gaze drifted away back to the doting male lead that was her Third Imperial Brother.

This brother of her was always cold and scornful towards his older siblings and disregarded his youngest because of their maternal families' conflicts with each other as the Left and Right Prime Ministers of Li.