Arc 1.12 At the Top of the World

No matter what Ounan Intl. tried, they could never surpass Gutian Global. In fact, the distance between the two increased unceasingly to the point that Gu Yuan and Tian Xi could both spend millions a day and still maintain their top seat as the richest individuals by a landslide.

The power of two hosts combined was a cheat in of itself, ah. Who needed protagonist halos?

In actuality, the protagonists played fair, while Gu Yuan and Tian Xi madly planted many corporate spies and hindered Ounan Intl. in various ways just for the heck of it.

With their company topping the world came immense and endless wealth, as well as a lot of free time to overindulge in worldly pleasures.

It did not take very long for Tian Xi to tame Gu Yuan's sex drive. He truly did not like forcing himself on her when she was not feeling it, and he was even surprisingly quite loyal as he never touched any other woman aside from Tian Xi.

Well, he didn't force himself on her, but he sure did have many ways to force her hand.

"Xi, look isn't this amazing?"

Tian Xi was reading a random novel on her notebook when Gu Yuan called out to her from the bedroom door. She looked up and her face instantly darkened.

God, how bored is this man? 'System...can't I just go to the void world now?'

[Unfortunately, host, there seemed to be a time constraint after all. Best of luck to you!] Then 001 logged off. He was already used to Gu Yuan's antics after the first two years of their wedding.

Gu Yuan was leaning seductively against the door frame, butt naked. His gorgeous statuesque figure invaded Tian Xi's eyes and nearly blinded her. Those eight-pack abs and perfectly carved pecs never failed to ignite the flame within her...*coughs*

She brought her gaze downward and ripped away the censoring mosaic in her mind to see little Yuan standing proudly, reaching for the heavens.

At this point in their marriage, Tian Xi had somehow managed to not get pregnant despite never having protection. Maybe her soul was infertile, but she was inwardly thankful since her plan was not yet complete...

She cleared her throat and beckoned him to come over, which elicited a victorious grin as he walked over to her. Yet, as soon as he did, she flashed her own triumphant smile and quickly pushed him down onto the comfy bed and lorded over him.

Gu Yuan even eventually found that it was much more enjoyable finding many different methods to tempt her rather than the act of sex itself.

Don't misunderstand, the sex was still the best sex he'd ever had throughout all 1000 years of his life. The next was always better than the last, and Gu Yuan honestly almost didn't want to grow old and leave Tian Xi because of that.

Unfortunately, while the two certainly viewed each other as extremely compatible partners in bed and business thereafter, love was just a joke for the two of them.

That was to be expected, as their relationship started out with intense drugged sex, followed by six months of mutual neglect, a faint reminder of each other's' existence a few days later, and a marriage of convenience quickly after.

What really sparked the initial flame of love, Gu Yuan would recall later in his long life of transmigration, was an unforgivable act of betrayal on Tian Xi's part.

After all, a few minutes before his death in this world of business, Tian Xi pulled out a document that somehow had his signature signed on it.

Yep, it was a divorce agreement. It stated that all of his assets as well as their shared assets went directly to her. Gutian Global included.

It was at that moment that he finally confirmed that Tian Xi was indeed the other host in this world together with him.

He was always alert and on the lookout for the mysterious other host, but subconsciously crossed Tian Xi off his list of possibilities because of her infertility over the years. He knew that she was not on any medications, and he even forced her to test herself.

Furthermore, she truly hid herself well. Every time he suspected her, whether openly or covertly, she would prove to him that she was simply "the original Tian Xi."

His failure to recognize her as another host deeply hurt his pride of being a veteran host who'd transmigrated through countless worlds. He had to commend her for outsmarting him--in fact, his heart slightly moved when he saw her so genuinely happy for the first time since he'd met her--but he couldn't help but to angrily mutter through clenched teeth right before he left the world.

"Fuck...you..."

As his soul was leaving, he saw her lay down next to his body that was slowly going cold. She giggled triumphantly and whispered into his ear.

"GG."