Arc 4.5 Queen Mother

'Wait, 001. Come back. I need you to look into what Team Protagonist is doing.' Alex quickly inserted before 001 truly muted her.

[Team Protagonist is separated into three different teams, each led by the female lead, male lead, and second male lead respectively. Right now, they are on their way here on a single carrier and in the middle of a meeting that's been going on for an hour. It's also the first time the female lead and the male lead have met. The second male lead is familiar with both of them because he is Taina's older brother and the Betelgeuse and Fomalhaut families are long-term business partners. 

They are currently discussing the danger level as well as a battle plan for when they arrive. The female lead and the male lead seem to be disagreeing on something, while the second male lead is trying to be the mediator.]

'Interesting. What are they arguing about?'

[The male lead wants only a small recon team consisting of their most talented members to explore the starship while everyone else remains on the carrier ship awaiting orders upon arrival. The group awaiting orders would watch what is going on in the starship through the recon team's livestream so that they could prepare themselves for the obstacles to come. 

Everyone agreed with that idea, but the female lead believes that the second male lead deserves to be a part of the recon team while the male lead suggested that the second male lead stay on the carrier with the rest of the troops as their leader. The male lead asked if she had a better substitute for the position, and the female lead was rendered silent. The second male lead is closer to the male lead than he is to the female lead currently, and he said that it is more rational for him to stay onboard the carrier thus settling the little lovers quarrel.]

'Hmm.' Alex didn't need to know that situation to figure out that Gu Yuan was most likely the male lead, Nile Betelgeuse. He always had to be an originally powerful man in the worlds they had been through, though not necessarily the male lead--just someone powerful. When she thought about it a little bit, she felt that the competition admins were obviously biased. She was stuck in cannon fodder or villainess roles while Gu Yuan always had extremely privileged ones.

There weren't many people he could be in this world, and even if he wasn't the male lead or second male lead he would still be a part of Team Protagonist since he obviously wasn't Tyler or Faust so Alex could guess that one of his missions or tasks would be to ensure their survival.

[Side Task 2: Gain the loyalty of the aliens. Reward: 250 points per alien (limit 10)]

[Side Task 3: Kill the aliens. Reward: 100 points per alien (limit 30)]

Alex let out a pleased whistle at the prospect of more points.

Since there were ten more hours before Team Protagonist arrived and two hours before Tyler and Faust would wake up, Alex decided to go and befriend some of her fellow aliens. Or, at least try to instill a sense of loyalty into the some of them before the female lead was possessed.

She leisurely walked out of the canteen humming a slow tune at the same time. The starship was too quiet for her taste, which made sense as every living human was either in a coma hosting the eggs of the aliens or just dead while the aliens camouflaged themselves with the walls and the rest of the surroundings.

Stopping at a nest of humans who were incubating the eggs, Alex observed that there were five of them. How convenient ah. Three of them looked as if they were about ready to tear themselves out of their host bodies, especially after they sensed her regal presence in the room. The chests of the humans were visibly stretching from the inside like a monster baby in a woman's womb, creating a ghastly image.