I remain quiet as I was lost for words. But my resignation was already declared. I didn't have any options here. I would seem dishonest if I were to take my declaration back, and it would shatter my pride too much if I were to cling onto the feeling of Austin Wood just behind a thin wall.

I stand from the sand and dust the grains of the earth from my ass before extending my hand to help Zaine from his same position.

"My proposition is, three more walks around the block, then I can give up and go inside."

Zaine seems to be thinking through his options but before he could interject, I was leading him off towards the road to piece together my own thoughts before coming to terms with the end result.

I was acting like a helpless fool who just wanted the final moments with a man she is in love with just because she knew the feeling could never be mutual.

Austin had set out to achieve one single goal; get his dick wet once again. And my own goal was to be so sure of myself, that I wouldn't call to the wrath of a multi-millionaire who's ego was bigger than his dick. Although my goals had been shattered, as well as assumptions, Austin got what he wanted from this. He could sleep with whomever he so desired, and I could find a less than ideal job in finance which had been the plan all along.

Even if this relationship did work, which circumstantially could never possibly function, I couldn't be the woman who sat outside his office with a mug of coffee every morning and read off his plans before disappearing into his office to have intimate sex on his couch. That wasn't me, and it never would be.

I had a degree that needed to be used. I wasn't giving my degree the justice it deserved especially since I'd been drowning in student loans since the day I left campus with a faked smile on my face.

Upon walking by the house once more, I glance to Zaine who had stopped in his tracks.

"You walk fast when you're deep in thought. I'm pretty sure you could run a marathon with that head of your's."

I let out a huff as I turn to face the perfectly illuminated home that seemed so kindly welcoming to those who fell to it's paved wall way.

Zaine leads me up to the door and we both stop to admire to door, or in my case just procrastinate this entire process.

"Well, Laine Bennett, I must say, for a woman who presents herself as an unapproachable woman, you were a joyous companion for the events that have so kindly passed on this fine day."

My eyebrow raised but I allow him to proceed with her dramatics, "From a lunch in a diner, to the wandering of the city. A long walk on the beach, and a stroll around the block three very quiet, quiet times, I have found you to be quite a funny and joyous person to be in the presence of."

I offer Zaine a smile before pulling hint o a friendly hug.

"You aren't too bad yourself, Zaine. Thank you for today. I really needed it."

"You know, this is typically the part where I give you a longing kiss that you won't forget until you find me again, but I value my dick more than I'd like to openly admit and Austin Wood could take that son of a bitch off of me in a second, and I'm also not into you like that, no offense."

I laugh loudly, causing a smile to cross Zaine's lips, "The feeling in mutual. But stay in touch. If you're ever in New York and get tired of Austin, don't hesitate to call me. I could use someone like you on the day-to-day."

Zaine salutes before leaping off the small step that lead to the porch if it could even be considered a genuine step, "I will do exactly that, Laine Bennett. It was great meeting you!"

Before I could reply, Zaine was rushing off into the distance and I was left to face the inside of this house by myself.

My hand rests on the knob and it takes all of me to push the wood door from ti's latched position.

It was now or never.

•———•

Sorry this took too long to update I took my SAT's for the final time last week. I can assure you, I fucked up. I used One Direction lyrics to do math. If there was a number in the song, that was my answer. I got a 910 last time so I can get into a college but you always want that higher score. I also forgot my glasses so.

On another note, I was checking my email at my friend's house because she lives closer to the testing center so it was easier to stay, and another girl noticed my notifications for Wattpad and of course, "Climax King" So she was the only one who noticed but she was teasing me silently and the other two friends caught on so I was being interrogated and I think I can say for us all, this app is a little cringey. A lot of fanfiction, and honestly some shitty books, aka Hi welcome to my works. Eventually I told them and it was fine because they didn't realize I had almost 2 million reads so I guess it's good that C.K. Got up there otherwise this would be embarrassing.

And my final excuse is literally Turkey. I'm obsessed with Erkenci Kuş which is a great Turkish drama Sanem and Can are literally my everything and I'm on episode 25 and they're all a little over 2 hours long so this shit is commitment. I know they break up again and that's fine, I know that they will always be together because hi. Can and Sanem are fucking made for each other. But I can't understand a word they say so obviously subtitles but I'm learning Turkish now. Yeah. That's literally it, hoşça kal

•Climax King
•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away