FORTY THREE

As expected, Jimin later received a text from an unknown number. He, very anxiously, tapped the notification, gulping as his screen slowly loaded. He closed his eyes for a short few seconds, trying to prepare himself for what was to come. He most certainly wasn't ready to do this, but knew it needed to be done. With that in mind, Jimin heaved his eyes back open to find his screen had loaded in those few seconds.

unknown:
hey
so uh
wait
if taehyung gave me the wrong number im going to kill him

me:
pls don't kill tae
pls

unknown:
o
ok
he gave me the right one
good
so uh
this is rly awkward even over text
shit
uhm

me:
yeah

unknown:
well anyway
it feels wrong doing this over text
d'you think we could meet up ?
only if ur comfortable w/ that

me:
uh

Jimin gulped nervously.

me:
uhm yeah
that's
that's fine
where at?

unknown:
how about
that ice cream parlor
the new one

me:
ok

unknown:
gr8 ok
c u there

me:
yeah

Jimin locked his phone, and slumped down in his chair. He breathed a sigh through his pouty lips, and crossed his arms over his chest. He closed his eyes for a few more seconds, and thought the idea over. He decided it was a good one, even if he heart was beating a mile a minute inside his chest.

He suddenly remembered what Taehyung said about changing Yoongi's contact name, and opened his phone once more. He snickered quietly as he changed his contact name.

contact name changed to yoongles

He silently stood from his seat and headed to his bedroom to find his shoes, and shouted down the hall towards Jihyun's room, "I'll be back in a bit, Jihyun!"

A soft, "Okay!" was heard, and Jimin took that as his okay to leave.

-

Jimin opened the parlor door, a soft chime sounding above his head as the bell rang. His eyes darted around the shop, in search of a particular blonde haired boy.

And he found him.

Except he was no longer blonde.

Jimin internally screamed at Yoongi's electric blue head of hair, finding it to be the most adorable thing the older had ever done. Other than pout. Nothing could beat his pout.

He gulped before slowly making his way over to the booth Yoongi sat at, stuffing his hands in his pockets to keep from playing with his fingers. He knew he'd come across as nervous either way, but this way it wouldnt be as obvious.

With a final deep intake of breath, Jimin slid into the booth across from Yoongi. The elder looked up sensing Jimin's presence, and offered a small nervous smile. Jimin waved his small little hand at Yoongi, and the blue haired boy suppressed the urge to coo at Jimin's cuteness.

Jimin gulped and nodded his head at Yoongi. "I-I like your... hair."

Yoongi's smile grew a bit. "Thanks. I... remembered that time when we were talking about dying our hair, and thought, why not?"

Jimin's heart raced. He remembered something like that? A smile graced his lips at the thought.

"Now you have to dye your hair blonde," Yoongi said, small pout on his lips.

Jimin giggled. "Soon."

Silence ensued between the two boys, each momentarily forgetting the reason they were here. Soft chatter sounded about the ice cream parlor, and the bell continued to chime as more customers entered the shop. Jimin looked down, pulling his hands from his pockets and playing with his fingers. It was a nervous habit of his; one he was never able to shake off.

"So..." Yoongi blew out a breath, also letting out a nervous laugh. "You want some ice cream?"

Jimin hesitantly nodded his head, offering the elder a small smile.

"Okay." Yoongi stood and walked over to the line of people, already knowing what Jimin would want. The younger didn't seem to realize he hadn't told Yoongi what he wanted, and instead spent these few minutes he had alone to simply think about Yoongi.

He was extremely kind, whether he would admit to it or not. Jimin knew it. And even if he wasn't the nicest to the people around him, he always had good intentions. Jimin could see that easily. Everything about the blue haired boy drew Jimin in, and he couldn't help but be fascinated with him. Who could blame him?

Lost in an endless pool filled with thoughts of Yoongi, Jimin failed to notice the boy sitting down once again in front of him. Yoongi could only smile at his cuteness; seeing the younger so lost in thought made him wonder what he could possibly be thinking about that had him so focused.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Yoongi asked, lopsided smile on his lips.

Jimin mentally shook himself at the voice and, without thinking, answered, "You."

Jimin had never seen someone's cheeks redden so fast. And at his statement, Jimin felt all color drain from his face.

Yoongi cleared his throat and looked down, realizing he was still holding Jimin's ice cream. He looked back up as he handed it to him. Seeing how embarrassed the younger was, he thought he should say something, too.

"If it makes you feel any better, I think about you a lot too."

Jimin's face turned a deep crimson color, and he tried to hide his face in his hands. Which didn't work, because Yoongi was trying to give him his ice cream. And so he lifted his head just enough to grab the ice cream from Yoongi's hand.

♡*:.。.

lol bye