THIRTY TWO

"It's okay, Jimin," Taehyung said in a comforting tone. He smiled softly for extra reassurance. "I'll be right here with you. I won't let your side."

Jimin nodded. It was Monday now, and he had to come back to school after the weekend. After his startling realization Saturday evening, Jimin had been dreading coming back. He was scared beyond belief to see Yoongi, even if the elder knew nothing of it. He was happy he had Taehyung as support. That's what he needed. He smiled at his best friend, even if the taller couldn't see it. He was so very grateful for Taehyung's existence, and that alone was enough to make him feel better.

"Thanks, Taehyungie."

Taehyung smiled his cute boxy grin, the most contagious smile in the universe. Well, right after Yoongi's. That was in Jimin's personal opinion, though.

Without warning, Taehyung diverted Jimin in another direction, toward the nearest cafeteria table. Jimin was surprised, and was ready to snap when they sat down. He opened his mouth to speak while Taehyung was looking frantically around the cafeteria, but the younger beat him to it. He turned around, smiled apologetically, and said, "Sorry, Jim. I saw Yoongi over there, so I just... Yeah."

Jimin's expression softened, and he smiled at his friend. "It's okay."

The two boys sat in silence, just thinking. Jimin decided to take out his phone to pass the time. He clicked the home button, revealing several text messages from Jihyun. He chuckled to himself and opened their text conversation.

little brat 💕:
JIMIN
JINMIN
JIM
J
I
MIN
HELLoO
AnsWer

me:
wut do u want

little brat 💕:
took u long enough 😤

me:
wtvr

little brat 💕:
I just thought I'd tell u smth important but I see I don't wanna know

me:
wut yes I do pls tell me

little brat 💕:
only sinc u asked SO nicely
bUt
mom and dad told me to tell u that they left for a lonnnnnnngggggg business trip this morning, and that they'll be gone for like,, 2 months or smth like that

me:
wtf
they leave w/o even saying goodbye??

little brat 💕:
yeah I'm mad too

me:
ok well thnx for telling me Jihyun, I'll be at the school when u get out so we can walk home together
unless that would be embarrassing 4 u
in that case I won't
but

little brat 💕:
no it's fine lmao

me:
k well see u then
I love u <333

little brat 💕:
yeah yeah I love u too

Jimin chuckled at Jihyun's sarcastic reply, and put his phone back into his pocket.

He was mad.

Not just mad, angry. His parents always left without saying goodbye, so he wasn't sure why this was any different. Maybe the fact that they wouldn't see their kids for two months. Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes as he buried his face in his hands. I may as well be Jihyun's personal guardian, he thought.

"What's wrong?"

Jimin suddenly remembered Taehyung was sitting just across from him, and removed his head from his hands. He sighed reluctantly at the worried expression Taehyung's face held.