On the way to her apartment, Claire and I talk about our favorite musicians, as well as a variety of other things. This is what draws me to Claire the most, more than any other thing - our conversations. Although she is extremely beautiful, it's her personality and intelligence that I like most.

When I see her dorm building, I realize I don't want her to leave. I want to spend more time with her.

"My building is right there," she points as it comes into better view. Her face stares out the window as she looks at it.

"What if I'm not quite ready to let you go yet?" I ask. I see her smile in the side view mirror and she turns back around to face me.

"Well, what did you have in mind?" she asks.

"Coffee?" I ask, and she nods her head.

"Sounds great," she says. I find a spot right outside Claire's favorite coffee shop and swiftly park.

"Oh, this is my favorite place," she says excitedly.

I chuckle slightly "I know, you told me."

She slowly turns around her so her entire body is facing me, "you remembered?"

I lock my eyes onto hers," I remember everything when it comes to you."

Her eyes widen and she smiles again and I automatically smile back. I can't tell who initiated it, but we're slowly leaning in towards each other. My hand moves up to tuck a strand of hair back behind her ear and I cup her face.

"God, you're beautiful," I whisper and we both lean in. It starts off slow but quickly becomes passionate, sending shivers all throughout my body. It's the best kiss I've ever had.

Her hands reach up and latch onto my hair and I tingle everywhere. We finally have to come up for air and we stare at each other, breathing heavily.

"Will you be mine?" I blurt out, wanting her to say yes more than anything else.

She laughs and kisses me again softly, "I already am."

She exits the car and I smile and chase after her. I lock the car behind me and come up and grab her hand. She leans into me as we enter the coffee shop.

This place is more like a cafe so we sit down and wait for someone to come take our order. I glance through the menu and decide on a cappuccino.

My phone rings and I look down and see it's my mom. I stare at it in surprise.

Claire sees the caller and puts her hand on my arm which is resting on the table, "it's ok, answer, Jase."

I nod and answer, "Hello?"

"Happy Birthday Baby," I hear mom and dad's voices echo through the phone.

I listen in shock, "you remembered?"

"Of course we did, how could we ever forget? I can't believe your twenty years old," I hear Mom say through the line. My heart irrationally beats faster. I didn't think them actually remembering my birthday would make me feel this way.

"Well, thank you," I smile into the phone.

"Sorry we couldn't call earlier, I had massive surgeries today and your father had board meetings and we wanted to call together," Mom says.

"That's okay, I'm really glad you called," I reply.

"Happy Birthday, son," Dad says, "we've gotta run, but we're so glad we were able to talk to you."

"Yeah, me too." I respond. We say our goodbyes and hang up. I stare at my phone before looking up at Claire.

"They remembered it's my birthday," I breathe out. Claire knows everything about me so she knows how big of a deal this was.

"I'm so happy for you, Jase, really," Claire smiles.

The waiter comes over and gets out order. We spend an hour at the cafe together and make plans for an official first date. Now that I'm with Claire and my siblings are safe, life finally seems good.

Cole P.O.V.

I walk up Ara to her room. She's exhausted from all of today so I let her lean on me and I wrap my arm firmly around her waist as we trudge on.

I stop in front of her door and she turns to face me.

"Thank you, Cole, for always being there," she smiles up at me.

"I'll always be here for you," I lean down at kiss her on the forehead. I close my eyes and lean my head against hers, "Always."

I can feel her face shape into a smile,"good, I'm gonna hold you to that."

I shift so that now I'm fully hugging her. The smell of her perfume invades all my senses. She smells like autumn. I realize my thoughts about her scent are starting to become creepy so I reluctantly let go of her and slowly back away.

"Night Princess," I smile widely, knowing she hates it.

She groans, "we're back to that?"

"Always," I wink at her and walk away.

Ok sorry for being kinda MIA but life. Life is happening and it's complicated. I won't bore you with the details!

Thanks so much for reading!!! It means more than you know.

Unedited, as always.

Also, vote and comment if you feel like it. If not, that's cool too.