A New Start, My Derrière (40)

Chapter Forty 

---------------------

*Two weeks later* Aidan's POV

*Yawn*

I've been in this hospital room for the most part of a month and a half. Still no changes with Vanessa though. Okay, I have exited the room a couple of times, mainly to avoid her sponge baths...

I missing school, but oh well. Family is more important even if I end up living on the street as a hobo: Drinking away the little life I will have, eating leftovers from the bins outside, unable to change clothes, have a shower - rain water maybe, but that'll be like every few months. Hmm I sense a swarm of flies above my head and best of all, scaring away the opposite sex with my funky beard...

What the heck did I just ramble on about? Maybe it's being cooped up in this room too long...

*Yawn*

I stretch my arms above my head and the yawns kept coming. I haven't slept well lately, but I can always sleep later. I look over to the other side of the room and see my father - eyes closed, mouth open drool running down his chin.

A quiet knock disrupted my gaze as the door opened slightly. A head popping around it, "Hey babe" She whispered noticing my father sleeping.

"Morning" I say holding out my hand for hers

"How's she doing?" Alice asked accepting my hand and sat on my lap

"Good, she should be waking up soon." I say kissing her neck.

"Great, I need to talk to her about something."

"Can't you tell me?" I ask

"Nope unless you have female body parts I can't tell you." She said facing me sticking out her tongue

"No fair" I pout

"Yes it is, you're not going to discuss locker room talk with me are you?"

"Fair point, but I do have news for you..."

"Hmm?"

"You know Zach?"

"Yeah..."

"He's been acting strange lately..."

"How'd you mean?" She asked her eyes piercing into mine.

"You haven't noticed?"

"Noticed what?" How am I going to break it to her easily?

"He's been, well-"

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

I was cut off, but I didn't care, I looked straight at Vanessa whose monitor was going hectic. My dad's eyes were wide, staring at his daughter. As doctors and nurses were rushing through the door.

Alice and I were pushed out of the room, what was going on?

After countless minutes my father groggily exited to meet us outside. With his head hanging down, as if he was hiding something from us.

"Dad what's going on?" I asked panic running through my veins, thinking the worst.

He slowly lifted his head. "Their running more tests, she's awake though."

"THAT'S GREAT!!" I said excitedly

"Really?" Alice asks with a nod in reply.

"She's going to be okay?" I said mostly to myself. "Dad what aren't you telling me?"