A New Start, My Derrière (26)

Chapter Twenty Six 

----------------------------

The bell goes for the end of lunch, grabbing my bag I make my way to Chemistry. As I get to class and see Zach gazing intently out of the window.

"It's going to rain" He states

"Really?!" I ask slightly excited

"Yeah, it's clouding over now." He says still looking out the window.

"Great" I say with a smile on my face

"Missing the New York rain huh?"

"Too obvious?" I asked

"Just a tad"

"Well I haven't seen rain in a long time..."

"Me either, a few months is a long time."

"At least you agree with me, everyone'll be complaining when the rain falls." I say getting out my chemistry books

"Meh, they'll cope. Well some will..."

"What do you mean?" I ask

"The robots and witches will self destruct and melt..."

"What?" I ask with an eye brow raised.

"You heard..." He says smothering a laugh

"God, you're weird..." I say

The class passes too slowly for my liking. The teacher drowns on about the different elements and why they're represented by each symbol...

Shouldn't we have learnt this in middle school? I knew all of this, so I started to doodle on the front of my text book.

I feel eyes on the back of my head and turn to Zach and he's listening intently or pretending to listen on what the teacher has to say. So it's obviously not him staring at me, I turn around and see Tyler looking at me with a smile on his face. "Hey"

"Hey" I reply with a smile. Then I saw him with a brace on his arm "How did you do that?"

"Pulled a muscle on the last stretch..." He says shaking his head

"That was clever" I say turning back to the front with a smile on my lips

"You got plans tonight Zach?" I ask

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm working tonight"

"Oh..." - I can't say I'm not disappointed.

"Why?" He asks

"Oh Tyler's coming over and so is Alice..."

"Oh sorry to disappoint..." He says smirking

"Nah its okay... I've got my hands full with a guy with the brace who can't draw" I say laughing

"You'll survive!" He says still smirking

"We'll just have to see..."

The bell goes and it's finally second to last lesson. Art then social studies. I collect my things and go to lesson. Only to see a substitute in where the teacher usually sat...

"Hey where's miss today?" I ask

"She's off sick today and has taken the rest of the week to recover, so you will have me all week"

"You have a name?" A voice asks behind me

"Obviously I do, take your seats I do not wish to repeat this." She rolled her eyes

Yeah that's a good teaching skill. Tell us what to do first thing when you get to class...

"God she's a witch" Aidan says sitting next to me. (Well okay he didn't say witch, but I'm cutting down on my swearing... Let's just say witch yeah?)

"Yeah, you know this isn't going to end well..." I say to him.

"Meh, just another sub to torture..." Zach pitches in

"Agreed" Tyler says sitting next to Zach

"Is that all of you?" The teacher asks in a sickly strict voice.

A chorus of "yeah's" and "duh's" were heard.

"Good, my name is Mrs. Marsh I am taking the rest of your art lessons this week since your teacher is out sick."

"Marshmallow" Aidan says to me - instantly her resemblance to the confectionary became apparent. She had white curly hair, she was wearing a salmon coloured pant suit and pink rimmed glasses.

"Zach... Psst!" I tap him on the shoulder. "Marshmallow" I say nodding my head in her direction.

He laughs lightly not attracting attention to himself. He taps Tyler and does the same soon as you know it the whole room is laughing and muttering marshmallow.

She starts reading the piece of paper in her hand "It says here for you to get into your groups and... discuss your pre- sent- ations. Presentations! The things you need are at the back of the class so you can help yourselves if you need them." She says stuttering over at the teacher's handwriting, reading impossibly slow.

"God she reads like me when I was three!" Tyler complains

"Let's get this over with!" Aidan exclaims and goes to sit next to Alice.

We ended up doing nothing since everything was at our houses, so we just talked.

"So Tyler what do you want to talk about this you're coming over to my house?" I asked

"Oh just... art stuff..." He says not looking at me...

"Really... that's all?" I ask

"Well I wanted to see if... I could... like get to know you better..." He stammers

"Oh okay..." That's not at all weird -rolls eyes-

"Well anyway how much do I have to catch up on?"

"Well we're just doing our own self portraits at the moment so I guess that's it... you need to have some pictures prepared as well, we need to have a pictures to reference off."

"Okay." He says nodding.

"Here" Zach gives Tyler some photos of himself.

"Wow. Someone's photogenic aren't they?" Tyler says flicking through them though I don't know how he's managing it with a brace on...

The bell rings we go off to our last lesson and that passes as soon as you step through the door. I haven't got a clue whether or not I like the fact Tyler's going to my house. I mean I liked him, until I found out he wasn't P.A, but that doesn't mean I don't like him... Does it? Oh I don't know. I guess love or liking someone is complicated.

I go to my locker and see a rose. What the hell is with all the roses? God, it would be bad if I was allergic wouldn't it? I read the note alongside it:

"I hope you enjoy the rain.

Zach."

I smile and pick up my jacket since it's raining. I go outside and see it is actually raining, heavily too.

I see Aidan with a book over his head. "GOD SIS HURRY UP!" he yells.

Yeah the only downside to all of this weather is the whiny people that come with it.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)