A New Start, My Derrière (48)

Chapter Forty Eight. ~ Part One of Two~

Somehow I woke up hearing the fire alarm going off. I jumped up from the floor which was surprisingly comfortable. I saw pillars of smoke coming from the kitchen. “Geez Aidan...” I said picking up a dish cloth and opened the windows.

I wafted the air away from the smoke detector and I was glaring at Aidan who had a burnt saucepan in one hand and a dish cloth of his own in the other.  

“What were you doing?” I asked with an eyebrow raised

“I was planning on making breakfast, but I ended up watching the game and well yeah...” He said throwing the pan in the sink.

“Well job well done” I laughed

“Yeah; you want some toast?” He laughed

“Did you make it?” I asked

“Well yeah...”

“Then nope” I laughed popping two pieces of bread in the toaster

“Suit yourself” He shrugged slumping into his seat taking a bite of his toast

The toast was done and I spread on the butter. “So about Zach?” Aidan started causing me to slice my finger on the knife. “DAMN!” I yelled jumping to the sink running the bloody finger under the tap.

“You okay?” Aidan asks smirking slightly

“Nope; I'm not” I said in frustration slamming the tap off

“Sis” Aidan said getting up from his chair

“Don’t!” I said lifting my good arm “Please?”

“Sis...”

“Aidan; don’t I’ve cried enough for that boy and I don’t need to shed another tear”

“But”

“No buts and I am not going to talk about this anymore” I said leaving the kitchen and started heading up the stairs. I picked up a cardboard box from the art room and collected everything that reminded me of Zach. The photos, his hoodie, gifts he gave me, the art work and even Mr Snuggle Monster.

I made a quick change of clothes and threw on the make up that covered up my scars and puffy eyes. You could barely tell I had been crying for eight hours straight. I slung on my leather jacket and my combat boots; I picked up the box and headed to the door.

“I’ll be back later” I called over my shoulder not waiting for any response

I opened the boot of my car and saw some leftover art things from New York. I found some of my mom’s stuff as well; which I didn’t care to look through yet. I placed the box on top and skipped to the driver’s seat. I turned up the stereo and gave up as each and every song that played were related to break ups and cheating.

I parked outside the humongous house that I once wished I lived in. I turned the ignition off and climbed out of the car slamming its door behind me. I unlocked the boot and picked up the box of belongings in one hand and I knocked on the Taylor’s front door.

“Hi” A timid voice said by my legs

“Urmm hey Lily is your brother home?” I asked bending down to her level

“He’s in his room; he’s been sad all day” Lilly said jutting out her bottom lip

“Oh okay...”

“Come in” She smiled opening the door wider

“Okay thank you” I said plastering a fake smile.