A New Start, My Derrière (24)

Chapter Twenty Four 

----------------------------

Next thing you know I'm being waken up by that damn alarm. Another day of school. I grudgingly get out of bed not wanting to be late.

I get up and get ready; preparing another outfit to look as if it was different to what I wore the week before. I settled on - grey skinny jeans, a black and white horizontal striped tank top, a pair of white flats and my black leather jacket if it gets cold, but it never does - I missed wearing jackets.

Sad enough I even miss the rain. Did I just say that? I, most definitely, am rain deprived...

(A/N However living in England you do get sick of the rain...)

I go downstairs and sort out breakfast and the coffee. The sound of dragging feet comes from behind me. "Mornin' Sweetheart"

"Morning dad, what some toast?" I ask popping the bread in the toaster

"Sure" He says rubbing his eyes

"MORNING" Aidan yells; I wonder why he's so happy? Actually I don't want to know the answer to that...

"Yeah, yeah breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure if you're making it!" He says with a smile so wide you could see you're own reflection in it.

"Pffft you are supposed to be a 'man' and yet you won't be able to survive in the woods alone. Even if I supplied you with a month's worth of food" I mumble to myself.

"You know I'm not deaf..." Aidan says pouring his coffee.

"I never said you were" I say ruffling his hair.

"You know that's patronising..." He says looking down at me.

"Wow such a big word for you Aidan! Congratulations on increasing your vocabulary!" I say with a smile on my face.

"Ha, ha very funny sis..." He says smirking

"Yeah I know!" I say plating up the breakfast.

Aidan sat down at the kitchen table in a huff. My dad giving him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder muttering about 'women'

It was already 7:58am so I decided to set off to school since it started at half past. I wave goodbye to my father and said "See you later" to Aidan who was getting a lift off a friend; who I already knew was Alice.

I get in my car and start playing some decent music. Not the pop crap everyone listens to nowadays. Let's just say I'm not Gaga for Gaga.

I drive to school still not understanding the deal with my car... it's not that bad is it? I've seen other Range Rovers about the parking lot. Though they are all driven by guys, but oh well. You could say I was never the girly girl type.

I parked the car in the same parking space as yesterday and went to homeroom.

Since no one was here yet. I could pull my knees up to my chest and listen to music. I hadn't noticed that some of the class had come in.

"You're singing again munchkin"

"Huh?" I ask looking up. "Oh sorry"

"You should really stop spacing out like that" Zach says sitting in front of me,

"Sorry, when the music plays I forget that I'm in public" I say putting my earphones away.

"You didn't have to do that you know... I could barely hear you." Zach says smirking

"Oh..."

"Here" Zach passes me some photos

"Art right?" I asked flicking through them

"No just some signed photos I know you admire me" He says with a wink

"Pffft, you wish Taylor"

"Yeah, yeah"

"Oh I have something for you!" I say smiling

"Is it what I'm thinking of?" He asks

"Doubtful" I say laughing handing him a picture "It's cute"

"She'd love it." Zach says taking the picture I took of him and his sister

"Speaking of which, how did you get the Snuggle Monster?" I ask I know it was nothing to do with the topic, but I needed the answer.

"Oh I kind of stole him..."

"You what?"

"Yeah... it was something I know I shouldn't have done, but I thought it would make you like-"he shook his head from side to side. "Actually never mind"

"Okaayyy...."

"Yo! Sis, can you give me and Tyler a lift back to ours? Since he needs to do something about art I don't know... Alice needs to get ready, so she can't drop me off." Aidan asks sitting down next to me.

"Sure you don't have practice?" I ask

"Nah not tonight, coach is off today" he says

"How come Tyler's not here?"

"He's at the doctors" He simply explains

"Oh okay... hey Zach?" Zach turns to me.

"Yeah..."

"Can you come over on Friday? Tyler's coming and I wanted to know if you wanted to come, since we need to make a 'group' start on this project"

"Sure if you don't mind Lily coming along with us... My mom's still out on business and the sitter doesn't work Friday nights..."

"Yeah that's fine I guess."

"Alice is coming over Friday as well, art needs to be started." Aidan says

"Great."

"Oh dad's going away for the medical meetings in Beverly Hills this weekend."

"Huh? Since when?" I ask

"Oh he got a phone call after you left."

"Oh okay - BUT NO PARTIES!" I stated

"Damn sis, party pooper!"

"Nope just responsible" I say ruffling his hair

"Sis of mine what did I say about that?" Aidan says obviously not amused.

"Oh sorry..." I say and slyly ruffle his hair once more "Sorry I couldn't resist!" I say smothering a giggle.

"You know Vanessa I could just..." He leans over and ruffles my hair.

"You ass..." I lean over and so does he, we're both laughing and yet I didn't see that everyone was watching us and laughing. All, but one person -  Mrs... Oh I don't know.

"Mr and Miss Heart will you see me after homeroom please." Was all she said.

"It's your fault sis." Aidan says smirking

"Oh well, it was a great way to start the day" I say smothering a laugh

"Bad munchkin" Zach says smug

"Sorry Zachy!" I say in my baby voice

That got Zach laughing out loud.

"You too Mr Taylor" The teacher said looking at him.

"Thanks Munchkin!" He whispers to me

"So worth it..." I whisper back

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)