| inscape

An encounter with a ghost was not a strange term for Aurora, who heard a fair amount of stories about those incidents. However, she was familiar with madness as well and something made her believe that her current situation was the latter. She just could not find any other excuse that would make sense to her - or give her a proper reason of why Kim Taehyung made a sudden visit to her home after a whole year of his death.

She could see the faint blurriness around his figure and had to narrow her eyes to see if it was the light of the moon that made him appear like that. It was also a way for her to distract her fear and not faint in right then and there - especially, not when Taehyung had his eyes focused on her in a manner she could not read.

His eyes were gentle and soft but there was also something nostalgic - or maybe tragic that made his smile appear hesitant. Then again, maybe he expected another kind of reaction from her and was disappointed to be greeted with just silence - which, fortunately, did not last long.

"Taehyung?" called Aurora once again as if she wanted to be sure that he was indeed there. Her tone reflected both confusion and fear that crawled under her skin and Taehyung was fast to sense it. Therefore, he tried his best to not scare her further and formed every word of his sentence carefully.

"Hello, Aurora," he started and mentally scolded himself for his rather awkward remark. Then, he just opened and closed his mouth a couple of times as an attempt to find the right statement that could explain the current situation - only to fail miserably.

Fortunately, however, Aurora was as speechless as he was and did not expect him to greet her properly. Instead, she just waited for answers to unasked questions.

"What are you doing here?" and Taehyung noticed how she did not like beating around the bush when Aurora moved to the main part of the conversation straightforwardly.

"Is this a dream?"

"No, not really," responded Taehyung as he shook his head lightly. "I- look, I really want to explain everything but I don't even know from where to start," explained Taehyung with a sigh before he raised his hand up to run his fingers through his hair.

Aurora noticed that it was a habit of his, reserved for the times Taehyung felt nervous the second time she saw him - after another adventure of hers with Jimin. Therefore, she felt a strong pang in her heart the moment her gaze caught the familiar gesture. She was just too tempted to take a step forward and grab Taehyung's hand, just to be sure he was indeed there. Yet, she did not manage to do so, not when her mind reminded her continuously that Taehyung was gone for good and there was no way to bring him back.

"I'm sure this is another strange dream," uttered Aurora suddenly, more to herself, "there is no way for you to be here," she added as she began to stroll from one side to another of the kitchen in rush.

The way her hands shook and her eyes stood wide made it clear that Aurora was shocked and probably took her time to allow emotions to take over. As in normal circumstances, she was supposed to either scream or faint, but here she was - as strong as she had ever been as she tried to understand the situation. And Taehyung did not hesitate to watch her silently and give her space as he waited patiently for Aurora to talk.

"It's not the first time I saw you in my dream anyway."

Her latest statement caused Taehyung to pause before he tried his best to hold back the smile that climbed on his lips. He just could not help but feel relief that despite the year apart, Aurora still thought about him - enough to make him part of her dreams. The new knowledge just filled him with happiness and at that moment, Taehyung really wished there to be a way for him to hug Aurora.