| the first farewell

The derisive laughter filled the alley as a pair of friends ran for their life - or so they preferred to name it just for the sake of spectacle. The streetlights gave away their place in the night as they ran, breathless and enthusiastically, very well aware of the police officers, who chased them. Both even heard the colourful words, which had no place in the dictionary, slipped off the officer's tongue and could only laugh louder at it as they just continue to run.

Lee Aurora was well aware of the shape her night would take when her friend, Jimin called her just before she finished her shift. He sounded a little bit bitter even if he tried his best to force joy in his tone as he asked if she had some time for adventure and Aurora did not miss a beat to give him a positive response. She knew him well enough to understand he had his reason to call her and did not find courage in herself to say how tired she felt. Therefore, only an hour after their call, she found herself in a dark alley of Gangnam, with a spray paint in her hand.

However, as she ran with him at the latest hour of the night with no anxiety about tomorrow in her mind, she noticed how she never felt regret to join Jimin's reckless adventure.

She knew sooner or later both of them would be caught, kept in the police station through the night before they would be given back their freedom - as it happened many times before. Yet, she did not mind and believed that she would never as it worthed, even if it was for a short time that Jimin and she could run without a weight on their shoulders and chaos in their mind.

"Do you think we can give them the slip this time?" asked Jimin as both of them came to a halt that parted the alley. He rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath and never wiped the cocky smirk that found a place on his lips, whereas Aurora leaned her back against the wall to stay still.

"We both know that they always get us, Jimin," she replied, her tone breathless.

It was not until both of them stopped that Aurora noticed how tired she felt. Such that, her legs almost gave up on her if she did not lean against the wall just in time. However, despite the fatigue that hit her body, Aurora was pleased to hear her own fast heartbeat and just grinned at it.

"I didn't see Officer Parker with them," stated Jimin with a mischievous glint in his eyes, which only caused Aurora to shake her head in disbelief at him. "I doubt others can catch us."

Aurora waited only for a brief second before she parted her lips to talk and give Jimin the response he awaited from her. However, not even a single word slipped from her lips since someone else decided to interrupt her just then.

"I'm grateful for your belief in me, Mr. Parker, but don't you think it isn't the best place and time for a jog?"

The familiar tone of Officer Parker rang in their ears as both Jimin and Aurora tilted their heads towards the entrance of the alley, only to catch the sight of the young man they mentioned just seconds ago. He was dressed in his casual jeans and shirt, not the formal uniform, which was an enough for other two to understand that he did not have a shift that night. Parker was there either by luck or because other officers called him - aware that only he could catch Aurora and Jimin.

"Damn, talk of the devil and he is bound to appear," uttered Aurora as she tilted her head to look at Jimin, only for him to give her a light shrug.

"How could I know that he would really appear?" asked Jimin as he noticed the way Aurora narrowed her eyes at him. "Let's just hope them to at least offer us a glass of water at the police station."

Officer Parker had that knowing look in his eyes as he gave a glass of water to Jimin before he closed the door of the jail. He tried to appear annoyed - as he already mentioned on the way that it was the only night he hoped to have a proper sleep after such a long time, only if Jimin did not bother him - but failed to hide his amusement as he sat on the desk across.