I left another kiss on his neck, moving away and giving him my deadliest glare. "Clear?"

He gave me one last stare before clenching his jaw. He looked over at the woman, scoffing before turning and clicking his fingers, him and his pals leaving.

I turned and faced her, slipping the gun in the back of my skirt.

I gave her a kind smile whilst she looked at me in complete and utter shock.

"Oh, my gosh. ." She whispered loud enough so I could hear over the music. "Thank you. . .thank you so much - you didn't have to do that."

"Of course I did," I told her with a smile. "Girls help each other out. I wasn't gonna sit there and let him bully you."

"That was my ex," she said, sighing and shaking her head as she wiped the counter and glanced up at me with a small smile. "He likes the control."

"They're called exes for a reason," I reminded her affably. "Don't let him control you."

She gave me a smile, licking her lips as her bright eyes looked at me. "I've heard of Cristiano Rossi."

"Oh," I chuckled, shaking my head as I took a seat on the stool. "He's not my boyfriend. I just live with him."

The girl laughed a little, smiling warmly at me. "I'm Tori - Victoria." My smile widened a little. "Sweet name. I'm Rose - Rosalia."

"It's nice to meet you, Rose."

"You too, Tori."

"Need any help behind the bar?" I offered with a kind smile.

Behind the bar, Tori and I coordinated and worked together quite well. I knew what I was doing and she helped me with some drinks I had no idea existed.

We got to know each other a little and Tori confided with me, "this is my last day on the job."

"Why?" I asked her curiously, handing someone their drink as they gave me money.

She sighed, pouring another drink. "They fired me. Apparently, 'they couldn't afford me'. But I know it's Riley. It's always Riley."

"Riley? That giant before?" I asked, giving someone their change. She nodded, using the back of her hand to wipe the sweat on her forehead. "He probably got them to fire me. Just to wind me up and make me realise that I need him. But I don't."

She exhaled loudly in frustration. "Gosh, I hate him! So freaking much! But I need him."

"Why do you need him?" I questioned her, my eyebrows furrowing. "Give me a valid reason, Tori." I handed another person their drink as they gave me the correct amount of money.

Tori continued to wipe the counter before sighed and telling me, "he's the father of my baby."

My eyes expanded a little and she licked her lips, placing the cloth down. She was no longer smiling and crossed her arms over her stomach, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them and meeting mine. I thought she was pregnant but she went on, explaining a little to me.

"He wants to see his daughter. He wants to keep her. He wants to protect her with guns." Tori licked her lips again, looking down. "He wants me to love him, sleep with him, let him do what he wants." She poured another round of shots, handing them to a group of drunk girls playing a game.

Tori leaned against the wall and I watched her, my face softening. She folded her arms and I kept my mouth closed, wanting to hear her story and be there for her.

"I needed this job," Tori told me, shaking her head in disbelief. "At this rate, I'm gonna either have to become a sex worker or give up and go back to his rich ass."

Her eyebrows creased and she looked away again, sighing. "It would be so much easier if it was just me but I'm a mum. My baby comes first and maybe I do need him. I don't regret her at all and I just want the best for her. We don't even have enough for a damn crib."

"I should give her to him," she quietly said, almost to herself. She looks so scared and worried, her hands in gentle fists by her sides. "That's what she needs."

"No," I firmly told her, shaking my head as I seriously looked at her, standing closer. "No, Tori, you can't give her to him."

"I'm not a mother," I told her, unfolding my arms. "And I don't know what it's like to have a baby. But I know this for sure; a baby will always need its mother. She needs her mother. You can't give up and go to him - no, you keep fighting not for yourself but for her. Like you said, you put her first. Not for you or him but for her. You don't need a man - especially one like him."

"Screw this job," I went on, chuckling with a smile. "It's hard but you will find another one. Not in the sex business. You can clean a nappy, I'm sure toilets could work too. There's always another way, Tori. Don't go down to his."

She smiled at me genuinely, her eyes twinkling. "You know, you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time - besides the birth of my daughter."

I grinned, flicking my hair over my shoulder. "Thanks. I always knew I was amazing."

She rolled her eyes, laughing a little. "Thank you, though, Rose," she sincerely told me, smiling warmly. "For everything tonight. I don't have any friends and even my old ones wouldn't help me like you have."

"Well, consider me your new and helpful friend," I smiled. She returned the gesture, nodding.

"He can fuck good though, I'll admit. No wonder I ended up pregnant."

I bursted out laughing.

~~~

Aww, so Rose found herself a female friend!

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Enjoy!