Angela

So today is Saturday and we are at the park setting up for Rebecca's birthday party. I had gotten a surprising call Thursday from none other than Faith's sister. Apparently she has decided to go to college at Rice University to study Bioengineering. Angela found out the name of the place where Faith worked and called to ask me if I could give Faith the next four days off. I told her that I would give Faith Saturday through Monday off and she was happy about it. I decided to tell her about Rebecca's birthday party so she could surprise Faith there and she told me that she would come.It's just me, Vanessa, Janice, and Ryan at the park right now. Janice is watching Ryan as Vanessa and I set everything up. I'm hoping that Faith won't be mad at me for inviting her sister; she did say that they talk and get along so I don't see a problem.Two o'clock finally comes around and everyone is here, including John and Jessica who I was hoping would be able to show up. Rebecca was so excited about the decoration and she wanted to eat the cake right away. Vanessa finally got her distracted by telling her that she and Ryan could go on the swings. Vanessa walked over with them to watch the kids and Faith came over to table where I was sitting. I was sitting on the table top so she sat in the space between my legs on the bench.

"You still didn't have to do any of this for Rebecca you know?" Faith starts again.

"And like I've told a million times, I don't mind doing things like this for her or for you." I explain again. I just want her to understand that I want to do things for them. I want to make sure that they are happy.

"I know, I know I just don't want you to think that the only reason I want you around is because you have money I just don't want people to start talking." She sighs out.

"The only people whose opinions matter, besides my parents, are all the people here today to celebrate that little girl over there you and Rebecca have become a part of this group over the last month and a half do you know what I did after you said that you would be my girlfriend?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "I called Vanessa and Tim and told them and they were ecstatic for us. They know that I haven't really shown serious interest in anybody in a long time and they think you two are good for me."

"Okay, I'll stop." She smiles at me.

"Finally!" I shout and lean over to kiss her. We hear a throat clear behind us and I see Janice standing there smirking at us.

"Ash someone is here asking for you." I give her a confused look and then it clicks in my head who is here. I almost forgot that I told Angela to hide and ask for me and I would bring Faith over to her.

"Come with me sweetheart, I have a surprise for you." I tell Faith as I get off the table and grab her hand for her to follow me behind the shelter with the tables.

"I don't want you to get mad at me for this. I didn't spend any money on this." I interrupt her before she can say anything knowing what she was going to say.As we come around the building, I see Angela just standing there. You can tell she grown up a little bit from the pictures that Faith has. Her dark brown hair looks longer and her glasses are more stylish than the pictures show and seem to complement her dark eyes and tan complexion really well. Angela looks to be about 5'7" so she is a little shorter than Faith. She looks really nervous so I just smile at her. All of a sudden I feel Faith just stop so I turn to look at her to see her expression. I needed to know if I needed to run or not. I can see tears running down Faith's face as she lays her eyes on her sister that she hasn't seen in almost four years.Next thing I know Faith drops my hand and runs over to her sister to hug her. I think I did a good thing here. I think to myself as I smile at them. I turn around to leave when I hear Faith stop me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I was just going to go back to the party and give you guys some privacy."

Searching (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें