Chapter 7

Jack felt the warmth spread across his face as the morning sun rose into the air. The grass moved under his face as bugs crawled out of the ground and onto his face. Jack laughed to himself as the insects tickled his cheek as they climbed their way up his face and sat soaking in the sun. His eyes slowly opened his eyes thinking everything was back to normal then he saw the grass below him and the nights events flooded back to him. He dragged himself to a sitting up position and dashed back in shock as the insects fell of his face. The various bugs on his face ran away from him and dug into the ground to hide. Jack moaned to himself as he awoken from his dream of paradise into a unknown world of hell. Jack got onto his feet and felt a grumble in his stomach.  Jack dusted his clothes from when he fell to the ground, when he finished he set off on a walk. Dam it I have not eaten in days jack thought to him as he explored deeper into the jungle.

The humidity bore down on his back as the jungle got denser as he walked deeper into its heart. Jack collapsed to the floor in exhaustion as he could no longer go on. He looked at the metallic tree he leaned on to see insects running up the side of the tree. One fell and released a small explosion.                                     “Digging bugs, flying bugs and now exploding bugs well now I have seen everything. Well maybe they’d come in use or they could be another way to kill me as this is what this whole world is seeming to try and do. Oh well I bet no matter what this forest will be the death of me” he sighed but his voice trailed off as his hunger kicked in once more. He looked around to see if they were any food. But his attempts were proved useless. they was no food around for miles. He dragged himself to his feet as he set off in pursuit.  Birds sat on the branches above him and tormented him as they sung the morning songs.  They took off in flight and flew away into the sky and skydived and snatched grubs from the soil to return to their nests and feed their young who sat tweeting away waiting for their morning breakfast. Jack watched in envy as they ate.  A louder noise roared in the air as a fast moving shadow was cast on the floor moving towards the birds a bird of prey swooped down, its beak opened wide as it flew into a bird and grabbed hold onto it with its beak. The grey bird’s wings spread and revealing razor talons which cut through the over birds which fell to the floor and landed next to jack’s feet. The bird of prey landed next to jack. The feathers gracefully ran down his whole back in a silver tint. The shine of its back was ruined by the blood splatting up its sides of his wings and down to its talons. He put down the bird on the floor and set himself to the task to the cleaning of his feathers. He was graceful even in this time but a yelp squealed out of its beak as he came to cleaning his feathers as blood oozed out of a gash out the base of his flight feathers. Jack dared a closer look to see that one of his feathers has come loose and was sore. The feather hung loose by shred of flesh which was ripped apart as the bird attacked his own wing with his beak removing the feather from his wing which led to an agonizing screech which filed the air sending insects the message to stay away but it lured the bolder animals. The eagle knew this as he grabbed his feather  in his beak and passed it to jack asking for his protection without realising their both in the same boat, weak and low chance of surviving if they played their next move wrong they both will be dead. Jack grabbed the feather with its edges nipping at jack’s fingers. The bird tried to fly but could not maintain flight as its missing an essential flight feather. The eagle walked up to tree grabbed the exploding insects and shoved them in the cut and bashed them with the beak causing them to explode and it seared the flesh sealing out any possible infection.                                                                                    “Wow you are pretty smart for a bird but dumb too for ruining your wing” he muttered to himself and he set off his testing with the flight feather in his hand. He grabbed a leaf and cut through it.                                                       “what was I expecting if it can cut me it can cut a leaf what would do if I couldn’t cut a leaf make a leaf shield” he laughed to himself as he picked up some twigs. It cut through the twigs like a knife    through butter; he picked up thicker and heavier things and even though his sings moved with more pressure behind them it still cut through like butter. Rustling came from behind him and the sound then stopped as jack sore golden eyes hang in the darkness. The wild beast jumped through the air slicing at jack’s chest knocking him to the ground. All remaining hope he had started to leave his body.                                                                                                                                                                                      “Soon as I get ahead and get an advantage in this barren world I get knocked down by you” the creature looked at him blood dripping of his claws and his tusks. It grunted in disapproval as he didn’t seem him as a challenge. The tusked beast set off in pursuit of the bird. With his fate drawing closer it set off in flight to retreat but fell to the ground. Jack was about to set tail and run but why should he, this creature needed jacks help and he was like jack he kept getting knocked down every time he got ahead. Jack turned round and rammed into the tusked creature and stabbed his talon straight though the beasts throat. Blood gurgled round the blade as he beast chocked on his own blood and died. Jack sat back at what he just did killing an animal because it was about to live its life and get food but he reinsured himself that he would of been next if he didn’t kill it. He looked at the beast and felt guilty as he looked at its beauty with its almond brown fur. But jack saw potential food and he removed the feather and cleaned it on his jeans and set to work.