Chapter 2

Jack walked into the room carrying a bowl and a cup of coffee. He sat down on his bed next to Lucy. 

“so then why do you hate Isana, what did he do to you?” he passed her a bowl of ramen and a coffee to go with it. 

“Well we go back a while, how would you say it in England. Two peas in a pod?” she questioned.” yeah that is it, also they is two cannibal midgets in fat guys rib cage”  he laughed fully aware she would not get the joke or reference and the confusion on her face just sparked off more laughter. She tilted her head to the right “What the actual fuck?” she questioned with her being left dazzled and confused.

“Its a saying from when i was in England” he commented on her confusion. She started tucking into her ramen as she listened to what he was saying.

“Isana and me where best mates for long time, and we got closer together and one day he asked me out and you obviously know where this is going I said yes to him and yeah we were happy as we could be then after two years of going out it happened” she sighed as she continued to eat.                                                                                                                          “What did he do Lucy, seriously what did he do” he replied with shock.                                                     

   “Well he started acting weird and started to call me by the wrong names strangely. He started being distant as if I didn’t mean owt to him. Then on our anniversary he was being forceful to me and he got me the wrong sized laundry. And that’s when I realised he was cheating on me with five over girls from different towns and a different city and then I was heartbroken, I could not handle it and could no longer be his friend as we say split water will not return to the tray”1.” she let her tears rush down her face and the raw emotion flooded the room as she cried into the embrace of jack whom was now hugging her as she was shaking

“Naite kurasu mo issho, waratte kurraso mo ishho, see I’ve been working on me Japanese for ya” he smiled

“yeah that is true but do you know what it  means though” she laughed and lifted the frown off her face.

“it is the same life  weather we spend it laughing or crying.” He smiled to her and tapped her on the back.

“Come on, let’s take you home” he got up and offered his hand.

“shibyu station next stop” the train alarm droned as the train pulled itself along with sheer velocity as the daily commuters chatted along and read the paper as they loathed to get home and have dinner. Jack skin began to crawl as the tube got more packed and was forced into a wall and long lost sight of Lucy but it is fine when they get off the next stop. Garbage of music played from some youth which is no one to be seen. Jake jumped as Lucy came up from behind and sharply jabbed him in the ribs and giggled to herself and mocked him on how he reacted.

“Dam it Lucy ya scared me shitless thought I lost ya and I’ve not been here before I was like shit.” he laughed at how stupid he was. ”I finally got ya after all this time, it was worth it.” she boasted over her small victory.                                                                                                         “You may have one the battle but you have not won the war” a shroud of confusion shifted across her face as she didn’t get what he said.                                                                                                                          “Oh god you never heard that before? It’s a classic saying” as he was gobsmacked.