Part 15

Edited

*Skip two days*

Y/N's POV:

'Hey I wanna talk to you about something' I stare down at the message Nia sent me "What's up?" Alex asked looking over my shoulder to my phone "Oh it's Nia, she wants to talk I guess" I say replying back to her message with a 'Sure, where do you wanna meet up?'

I put my phone down and continue on with my lunch "So we're going to Mexico next week how are you feeling?" I ask he shrugs and floats back "Nervous and excited I guess" He said and that's when my phone vibrates and I look to see a message from Nia.

'The cafe we take our breaks at' I get up quickly "Sorry Alex, I gotta go" I say getting my backpack/or/purse that was on the counter. "Nia wants to talk about who knows what, but it seems serious" I say making sure I had everything I needed before I head out "Oh no don't apologize it's fine" He said.

"Okay well I'll see you in a bit" I open the front door but stop as I see Nia's get out her car and she was looking down as she made her way to the front door. She finally looks up she freezes "Hi...I thought we we're meeting-" She stops me as she quickly but softly pushed me back inside "Nia...?" She closes the front door.

"Sorry I just thought it would be a better idea to just talk in private" She explained now she was scaring me "Nia what's wrong?" I ask worried she lets out a sigh and pulls out a paper "I just want to know why you lied to me" She said handing me the paper.

I stare down at the paper and it was of Alex's parents information although mostly all of it was crossed over with a black marker the only thing readable was their address and information about their children....

Shit...

"You said you're friend Alex was trying to reconnect with them. Well their son Alex is dead and has been for a while now" She said staring at me. "Fuck" I could hear Alex say before I see him float through the front door leaving the house.

That little...

"Y/N why did you want to know these people's information?" She asked and I glance up at her but look back at the paper "I-" I stop as I try to think of something but my mind was blank. I can feel my grip on the paper tighten as it started to crumble a bit and I stop and stare up at her.

"Look, I wasn't suspicious or anything since your my friend. Heck, that's why I even gave you the information in the first place but, when you said it was for your friend Alex. I remember reading about their son and that's where I started to get suspicious...I just don't understand why you would lie to me?" She said calmly I let out a sigh "Because you wouldn't believe me..." I say and she stares at me.

"Try me" She said putting her hands on her hips "Well, the address thing was for a friend" I say and see Alex enter back in the house but someone else was tagging along with him. It was another one of 'Them' It was a male and he looked older then Alex. I see their features light up as he sees Nia.

"Umm Y/N?" I turn my attention back to Nia as she looks behind to see what I was staring at "Are you sure you wanna know?" I ask and she turns back to me and nods. I let out a small sigh and shrug "Okay...I can see what you refer to as ghosts" I say and she stares at me.

"Now, I needed those people's address because my friend Alex who is their dead son wants to reunite with his family in hopes of going to New World. Oh, that's a place you go to after you die but for some people who don't have a lot of luck end up being stuck here on our world." I say and look over at Alex his mouth was hanging wide open out of pure shock.

"You know if you really don't want me to know you can tell me just to go" She said "I'm serious" I say and she stares at me and laughs lightly "Okay, good prank, you know I freak out about paranormal shit." She said I shake my head "Nia I'm serious I can see the dead" I say and she stops laughing "Oh shit you're being serious..." She said.

"Okay...well I'm just going to head home now..." She turns to the front door "Y/N this is Nia's dad James!" Alex said quickly.

Her father passed away...?

"Nia you're father is here" I say and she stops "What?" She turns around clearly angry "Don't even bring my dad in your sick joke" She said approaching me and I step back "Wait...I haven't even told you about my dad..." Her eyes which used to be covered in anger where now covered in confusion.

"He's here Nia..." I say and she stares at me "Y/N don't use him as some sort of joke..." Nia said her voice getting thick as tears formed in her eyes "Nia..." I turn to James who floated next to her. "He's right next to you" I say with furrowed brows as tears began to form in my own eyes and Alex makes his way next to me and I could feel coldness on my shoulder.

She turns her head and she was facing her father but looks back at me "Tell me something only you would have known about Nia" I say to James "My wife had to work a night shift during a storm and Nia was afraid something bad would happen to her mother. So to distract her, I convinced her to help built a fort in the living room and we watched the Lion King and ate ice cream." He said looking over at Nia with a sweet smile forming on his face at the memory.

"When you're mom had to work a night shift during a storm. You and your dad built a fort and watched the Lion King while eating ice cream. He said it was so you would stop worrying about your mom" I say and her face falls as tears stream down her face "How do you-" She stops and turns her head. She was now facing her father. My heart drops.

Can she see him...?

James was in his other form and placed his hand on her shoulder "Y/N," She let out looking down at her shoulder then over at me "I feel something cold on my shoulder..." She said "It's your dad Nia" I say as a few tears escape my eyes "Wh-What?" Her voice breaks as more tears stream down her face and she quickly looks back at her shoulder.

"No," She shakes her head "That's not possible..." She said "I'm sorry Nia, for leaving you so early." James said "He wants to apologize for passing away so early in your life" I say she stares at me "If he really is here...tell him I'm the one who is sorry...He went to go pick from school after all..." She said wiping her tears away.

"Sweetie no," He said with furrowed brows "It's no ones fault" I say and they both look over at me "You can't control when you or someone else passes away it just happens...All you can control is if you'll move on from it or not" I say feeling Alex's cold hand move away from my shoulder.

The room grows silent "Dad..." Nia lets out and James looks over at her "I miss you..." Tears stream down her face "And I love you" She said a sob escaping her lips "I love you so much sweetie" He wraps her in a hug and I hear her let out a gasp "He's hugging you" I say and she closes her eyes. "Don't worry about me okay...I'm strong..." She said "I know..." He whispered and just like James was gone...

New Word Count: 1424