[11]

Alex's POV:

This is a small world, Nia is James daughter...I float in front of the TV which was turned back on and soon I hear the front door close.

Of course I'm going to follow, it's not like I have anything better to do and I doubt Grace is going to visit

I float out the house and see Y/N and Nia get in a car.

Wow I feel like a creep...

Oh well

I follow the car but make sure I keep my distance. We make it to the building where they work at and they sure went all out there was this type of red carpet at the entrance and there were lights all around.

They really out did themselves

The girls make their way inside and I decide to keep a distance just so I'm not caught. I wasn't the only ghost here of course but I felt really out of place. You can tell all these ghosts died a long ass time ago and that most of them used to work in business cause they were all in tux.

I change my form and adjust my beanie wishing I died in better clothes. I glance over at Y/N and she was across the room.

Alright just have to make sure I'm not close enough to her....I swear she's like fucking Spiderman. (Any marvel fans?? :D)

I notice Nia greeting her co-workers as Y/N greeted after her.

Wait, what am I doing here? If she sees me she's going to kill me and I'm going to die again.

I take a look around and was ready to get out there when my eyes land on Y/N who was staring right at me

RIP

Slowly I wave to her with an innocent smile, she starts making her way towards me and I look around.

I mean, I can float away....But she'll be more pissed at me....Well shit.

Getting ready for whatever she had in store for me, I wait, and she walks fucking pass me. I look at her confused like 'I thought you were gonna kill me?' She made her way into another room

Oh

I change my form and slowly follow her. She takes out her phone and starts talking into it "What the hell are you doing here?" she whisper yells not making eye contact with me. I just float there "I was just making sure you got here safe..." I mumble an excuse but it was honestly the truth. After the incident and hearing she was going to this party, I just felt uneasy.

"What about Grace?" She asked and this makes me snap for some reason "What about fucking Grace?! She hasn't even visited us." I say with furrowed brows. I can tell she was trying not to burst as she stared at me with furrowed brows and I realized that I need to chill the fuck down. I let out a sigh and close my eyes trying to calm down.

"It doesn't matter Alex, the point is when she does, at least one of is there" She let out a frustrated sigh "And your the one who kept telling me to help you guys" She points out "I'm just trying to help you and Grace" She said calmly.

Damn, you really just did me like that

"And following me and Nia to make sure we were safe? If I had a weird feeling about going to this party I would have told you" She said and I just give her a look "You really think going to place where you don't have a weird feeling is safe? I was just trying to make sure you were okay" I say.

"Well I am. You can go now" She said moving her phone away from her ear "Bye." I say a bit harshly and float away. I make my way out the building.

I was just trying to be a good friend, and she yells at me? I mean is it a bad thing that I care about her and her safety? Also She swears that I could do anything as a Ghost, it's fucking boring as hell and not to mention lonely. I do realize that the way I left was a dick move and I should have said sorry.