Chapter Ten - How Long?

Chapter Ten – How Long?

I woke up in a brightly lit room that smelt like disinfectant my vision was a bit blurry, then I heard the beeping as my vision cleared I realised I was in a private hospital room I looked to my right to see a calendar for some reason it was on the wrong month, I laughed to myself then realise that I should have a pain in my chest from the bullet and where are the people that were chasing me.

 I sat up in the bed looking around me no cards saying get well soon or anything, I found the call button and pressed it until a nurse walked in with a shocked expression on her face. “How do you feel” she asked, “I feel ok but ware am I?” I said. “You are in Castlebar General Hospital, We found you dumped at the A&E door and you’ve been in a coma since” she replied.

 I just stared at her my mouth hanging open, I thought very quickly and decided that I had no idea who this woman was and that for all I know she could be working with my captures. “I can’t remember how I got here and what date is it?” I asked “the twenty eight of July” she replied.

“Where are my belongings?” I asked, “We left everything you came in with in the bedside locker and we put a change of clothes in the locker as well” she said with a warm smile. For some reason the people in this hospital have taken great care of me and I intend on finding out why.

“Why do I have a private room which looks like it costs hundreds of euro’s a day?” I asked with the suspicion obvious in my voice, there was no hesitation with the nurses reply “we found a note in your pocket which said to take care of you and not to worry about the expenses because there was a cheque stuck to the letter for ten thousand euro, I’m going to go get the doctor to examine you now.”

The nurse was barley out the door when I jumped out of the bed and ran to the locker I quickly got dressed and grabbed my phone which was charged and another weird thing was there was a set of keys to a Volkswagen Golf, I didn’t have time to think I just took everything and ran.

As I was going out the main exit I saw the nurse with a doctor heading for one of the elevators probably going to my now empty room, once I got to the car park I started clicking the button on the keys like crazy, after about two minutes I found it a black Volkswagen Golf VI with a ABt sports kit.

It took me a moment to recover from the shock of seeing such a nice car, but how do I have the keys? I have so many questions but no one to answer them. I took out my phone and called the only person that could possibly help me and that was only if they were still alive, Maeve.