“Why exactly do I need saving from a mold that grows on food. Just tell me what food its on and I wont eat it. Simple as that.” I heard a laugh from the back who was obviously Niall. What was so funny? This was not a laughing matter. Paul gave me a quizzical look before replying.

            “I see. Listen I am going to tell you something a bit odd but I have to do it briefly cause we really should get going. Okay?” I nodded my head in response to him, curious to what he was going to tell me. A few minutes later, everything made sense. I knew why there were zombies everywhere, why Paul knew my name and why One Direction was in the back of my car. The only thing that didn’t make any sense is why my parents didn’t tell me or even take me with them. It was just like them, to hide things from me even if it was going to hurt me. They keep me in the dark about everything in their lives, hiding things as big as this from me. They once even hid from me that my own grandma had died. I found out on my own when we got an invitation to her funeral that my parents had even helped plan. I had been so upset that I barely went home for a week. I was home for one night that week. My parents said that’s why they didn’t tell me, because I would get “all depressed and stuff” about my grandma and it wasn’t important enough to get sad over. They didn’t even realize I was upset and mad at them, not my grandma. Well I hope the zombies got to my parents wherever they’re hiding. No that’s too mean but sometimes I really feel like they deserve it.

            “Sorry to interrupt whatever thoughts are going through your head since I know this is a bit of a shock, but we REALLY need to get going,” Paul said. I nodded my head at him and turned out onto the road. We had pulled over to the side of the road earlier when I was still in shock over One Direction in my car. We drove in silence. Not a single person was talking. I’m not sure what was going on with everyone else but personally I was upset, angry and shocked, which turned into silence for me. I could see a giant traffic jam in the middle of downtown so I took a different route by driving to the east. There was no way we would be able to get through the big bridge connecting Washington and Oregon so we would just have to find a smaller bridge in eastern Oregon to cross the border. We drove like this for a couple hours before a voice piped up in the back.

            “Paul, I think we’re all really tired from today and I think we need to give Haley a rest from driving and today in general. Maybe we could find somewhere to sleep for the night?” Zayn asked. There was a moment of silence as we all hoped for the answer we wanted. Paul just sat there looking deep in thought.

            “Pull over into this lot” Paul responded quietly. I did as I was told. In front of us stood an old beaten down warehouse. I drove around to the back and parked the car so you could barely see it from anywhere. I jumped out of the car, happy to stretch my legs while everyone else slowly climbed out expecting a surprise attack. “Does everyone have their phones?”

            “Yea, but they don’t work” Liam answered for all of us.

            “But they do have light and we don’t have any flashlights so we need to use them. Unlock the screens so they stay on longer and follow me,” Paul explained. We trailed after him like little ducklings with our phones out in front of us. He opened the door and you could hear that we all were holding our breaths, scared of what was inside. It was completely dark except for the little glows coming from our phones. Paul began to use his phone to scan the wall until he found what he was looking for.  The lights flickered on and we all stood there taking it in. It was a completely empty room. It had an extremely high ceiling and you could already tell it was freezing. Graffiti covered every patch of wall and the floor was cold, grey concrete. “Well welcome to Hotel Paul. We pride ourselves in our giant rooms and our air conditioning. Please enjoy your stay and pick wherever to sleep” Paul announced extending his arm in a presenter way. We all let out a little chuckle, which surprised us. None of us had really laughed all day and it felt nice. I was instantly more relaxed. I walked over to the middle of the room and sat down cross-legged. Everyone just stood at the entrance.

            “Isn’t anyone going to come join me on this extraordinarily comfy bed?” I said while patting the concrete in front of me and smiling at everyone. Everyone once again smiled, even Louis. Harry walked over to me and soon the others followed. Paul turned off the lights as we lit up our phones again. We all lay down in clumps. The couples were together while Louis, Niall and Harry were on their own but still close to each other, except for Harry. Harry was surprisingly close to me. I scooted away. I still barely knew them even though I used to feel like they were my best friends cause I knew so much about them. Plus I didn’t want to initiate anything with him. Now was not the time for a crush or even a relationship, now was the time to survive.

            “Good night” Harry whispered in my direction. Should I respond to him or does that mean something? I guess it can’t hurt to reply.

            “Good night Harry, sleep tight”

(A/N) I AM SOOOO SORRY!!! I took so long to write this and upload this so thank you everyone for not getting mad at me and staying positive, it means a lot. Just so you know, school starts on Thursday (UGHHH) so uploads wont be frequent. It will unfortunately probably be kinda like how long this time was. I just get really busy during the school year. I might try and write the next chapter before Thursday but I havent planned it out at all so I dont know. Once again thanks for all the comments and votes! :) Okay so I'm just wondering how old you guys think I am? Love you guys! Xx