Chapter 1 - Alec's First Heat

The Omega

Chapter 1 – Alec's First Heat

An Introduction

Not Intended for readers under the age of 18

Remastered Chapter

Day 1

It was hot. So unbearably hot. That was Alec's only thought as he drifted up into consciousness from a horrible night's sleep. He'd tossed and turned all night feeling like his body was on fire. Sweat soaked his tangled sheets. As his eyes fluttered open, he groaned. His whole body ached with a pain unlike anything he'd ever felt before. He wasn't hurt. Was he sick?

All he wanted to do was pull his pillow over his eyes to shield them from the blinding light coming through his bedroom window and try to go back to sleep. But he couldn't do that. He wouldn't do that. He wasn't allowed to. He's Alec Lightwood, a Shadowhunter for the Clave.

Born a nephilim, angel blood ran through his veins. It was his job to hunt and fight demons. It was his job to seek out what went bump in the night and protect those who were unaware of the dangers around them, to protect them from the monsters they couldn't see. And it was time he started another long day. Trying his best to ignore the pain that seemed to be pulsing in his very bones he forced himself out of bed. A shower is what he needed. A cold shower.

Midway to his bathroom he stopped. A thick warm liquid was running down the back of his legs. Reaching around he wiped at the wetness. It only took a second for him to realize where it was coming from. With his heart in his throat, he ran the rest of the way to his bathroom. Looking in the mirror he took in his flushed cheeks, cheeks that are normally porcelain pale. Sweat covered his brow and body, his clothes saturated with it.

In that moment he knew. He knew what was happening. It had been three months since his eighteenth birthday, the day he'd presented as the first and only omega in the Shadowhunter World in two hundred years. And he was in his first heat. The wetness running down his legs is slick.

Fear filled his belly from the ramifications of what this meant. He didn't know much about omega heats, but he did know that the moment his heat had started he'd started producing omega heat pheromones, pheromones that were increasing more and more by the second. Every alpha in the Institute could probably smell him by now. He had to get out. He had to get out of the Institute as fast as possible.

Stripping off his sweat soaked t-shirt and slick soaked boxers he dressed as fast as he could. Where he would go, he didn't know. Jeans, a faded baggy sweater, and black combat boots. He was set. He glanced at the clock. 5:25 am. Grabbing his stele, he quickly activated his silence, speed, and stealth runes before stuffing it in his pocket.

The old door creaked as he opened it. Sticking his head out he saw that the corridor was quiet and empty. This was good. Slipping out of his room he ran down the corridor to the stairs and down flight after flight to the Institute's main level. He made it to the front door not making a sound. He was lucky. No one was around to see him.

He knew that his parabatai, Clary, would be panicked once she woke up and found him gone, if she hadn't already. So, he had to move fast. Pushing the heavy Institute doors open, he stepped out into a cold, gloomy winter morning. With the doors of the New York Institute, his home, falling shut behind him he glanced back. He was fleeing from his home. With a heavy heart he turned and ran, forcing himself to not look back again at the home he no longer had.

Comments and feedback are always welcome! If you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote.

Feel free to reach out via email at BrandyMarieBailey@hotmail.com.   (NO HATERS PLEASE!)