Chapter 22 - Alpha and Omega

Chapter 22

Alpha & Omega

WARNING – SEXUAL CONTENT

Not Intended for readers under the age of 18

A/N: Just a heads up to make reading easier, some of the more intimate parts of this chapter switch back and forth between Alec and Magnus' perspectives.

ALL INTIMATE ACTS WILL BE IN BOLD FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WISH TO READ THEM BUT WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW THE STORY

Alec was tired. Really tired. And he wasn't sure why. Yes, the day before had been long. But he had had long days before. Longer actually. His mind just didn't seem to want to connect, to focus. He felt detached. And something was gnawing at his gut, he just had no idea what.

When he had woken up a half hour earlier he had been groggy. He had wanted to stay in bed, to sleep. But he knew that he couldn't. That he wouldn't. He had things to do. There was so much to get done.

Opening the wooden cabinet that his warlock had built he studied his weapons set neatly in their racks, just the way he liked them. His bow and quiver. Arrows. Dozens of arrows. Runed angelic arrows, wooden practice arrows, his sister's custom arrows with a dozen different types of arrow heads. And his new favorite, her ignition arrow.

Beneath them were his blades. Seraph blades, seraph daggers, short swords and throwing knives of every metals. Some were etched with specific runes for specific demons, some simple angelic symbols that would make them stronger in battle. He ran his hand across each one, studying them. He had dozens of weapons. Some he carried on every patrol, every hunt. Some he carried when he trained. And some he left behind. His hand came to a stop on a case he usually left behind. It held his favorite, most precious thing.

Lifting it from the cabinet he held the small holster in his hand. It had been a gift for his eighteenth birthday. A custom gift from his sister. He smiled at the thought of the ruby princess cut earrings he had given her. She had been drooling over them for months, completely clueless to the fact that he had bought them the same day she had first laid eyes on them and stashed them away. Keeping her from going back to Macy's for them had been a bit of a challenge, but he had managed.

He remembered when he gave them to her. That morning. It had started out as a great day. His family had talked him out of training that morning the night before. 'It was his birthday. He should have fun.' And they did. They cracked jokes and laughed at each other. They pranked each other, playing around all morning, waiting for their 'party'. It's not every day that the children of an Institute Head turns of age and presents. It was a big affair. They had laughed about it. They hadn't had a birthday party in years, and they were about to have one with guests from all over the world. A dozen Institute Head's from other Institutes had come in for the occasion. And some of their friends from those same Institute's. And Jia had been there with Aline. It had started out as a great day.

He remembered when he had opened his sister's gift as he opened it now. He loved how the titanium throwing stars caught the light and shined, each engraved with angel script. His name. 'Alec', and the angelic rune. They were beautiful and he had told her as much. And they were precious to him, so very precious, so he kept them safe. He rarely carried them. They meant too much. Why these were so special he didn't know. She had crafted him other blades before. But they were. He couldn't help but smile as he carefully traced his finger around the shape of a perfectly crafted razor-sharp star.