Chapter thirty-six

Amber

Once Cayden and I had settled into the hotel, we decided it would be nice to go out and get some lunch, and do a bit of exploring.

I hadn't ever been in the area that Cayden had brought us but it looked beautiful from the car window so I'm excited to have a proper look around.

"You ready?" Cayden asks me as I finish off my makeup with some setting spray.

"Yeah, just give me two minutes." I tell him.

He nods his head going back out to the balcony to look at the view.

The weather outside was beautiful, it was hot, but not too hot so I wouldn't be sweating all of my makeup off, the sky is clear and the sun is making it bright enough to brighten up your mood.

This is my favourite type of weather, when I don't have to sweat uncontrollably but I also can wear a nice dress or shorts.

I know Cayden loves it too, when we hung out when we were younger, he always seemed happier at this time of year. He had opted to change into a pair of grey shorts, my favourite, and a white T-shirt.

He looks amazing, and totally hot. I'm so happy to have him to myself for this weekend away.

When I put on some sandals to match my nice summer dress, I head out to the balcony to go get Cayden.

He smiles at me, once he notices me, and I feel like this might be the most happy I've been in my whole entire life.

"So I heard of this place that's just a walk down the road, it's supposed to be really nice, so I was thinking we could eat there first." Cayden tells me and I nod.

"Perfect."

We make our way out of the hotel, and Cayden takes my hand as we walk towards the food place.

When we get there about ten minutes later, we take a seat at one of the tables, and one of the waitresses hands us both a menu.

After deciding what to eat and drink, we tell the waitress, and then we have a little chat.

"Do you remember that time when we were like ten and you came to my door all giddy and smiley because it was the first day that looked a bit like summer outside, you were so excited to be able to finally play outside so that at least some of the games involved a football."

"Yeah, I do but that's not why I was smiley." Cayden answers me.

"What? I always thought that was why."

"No."

"So why were you?"

"Because I was really happy to see you." He shrugs. "I was going to ask you out that summer, obviously in a little kid way but I chickened out because you said that I should join a football team, and you'd watch. I thought you wanted to meet more boys."

"What! Oh my god I had no idea." I say. "You know I totally would've said yes. I mean I thought that you would want to join a football team, it wasn't for my ten year old little heart."

Cayden chuckles. "Well I eventually got to it."

"Eventually."

The food comes not long later and we continue talking about old memories we have together. When I think back on it I feel like the three years we weren't friends was probably for the best because we'd be totally sick of each other by now, and even though we made our fair share of mistakes when we did get together if we had done it any earlier I think it would've been a lot harder to come back to each other.