Chapter twenty-six

Amber

I didn't leaves Naomi's house again until school on Monday. It was never said that I shouldn't go back to his place but I didn't feel welcome, especially when he hadn't even reached out to me since.

I'd borrowed some clothes off Naomi for school, but I was honestly wishing I could stay in her house for another while before I even thought about the outside world.

Not only was Cayden pissed with me, I couldn't stop thinking about my mother. Why would she call and apologise but hang up when I realised who it was?

"You ready?" Naomi's voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I realise we're at the school already.

"Nope, can I go home?" I Ask, seriously.

"Nope."

I frown at Naomi and she smiles. "Everything will be fine Amber. You'll get through this like you'll get through everything else."

I nod my head, still not feeling very motivated.

"Let's go before I decide I don't want to be here." Naomi says.

We both get out of the car, and make our way towards the building.

When we get inside and go towards our lockers, I'm not surprised to see all our friends around.

"Where've you been all weekend?" Chloe asks me. "Too busy with Cayden?" She wiggles her brows suggestively.

I shake my head.

"Where is Cayden anyway?" Mikey asks me.

"He's uh... sick. Yeah he got a cold." I lie.

That idiot better not turn up today.

Not five minutes later, everybody starts giving me questioning looks and I stand there confused.

Naomi, the only one not confused, then looks behind me and back at me with a nervous look.

I look back at Cayden who walks in looking perfectly well. Definitely not sick.

"Your cold went away that quick?" Chloe asks him and Cayden raises an eyebrow confused.

"Amber told us about your cold. The reason why you weren't here." Mikey says.

"Oh right. I took a shower and I feel perfectly fine now." Cayden shrugs when everyone gives him an odd look.

I on the other hand, let out a relieved breath.

"Oh that's good." Chloe says.

I notice the look on both Ryan's and Jordans face and I don't think they're buying it.

"Amber can we talk for a minute?" Cayden asks just as the bell for attendance goes.

"I need to go to attendance." I tell him.

"No you don't." He takes my hand, making me follow him.

He brings us to an empty corridor before he turns to look at me.

"I'm sorry about this weekend." He tells me.

I take in his features. He looks tired, like he hasn't slept much since I left, he even looks upset but at this moment I couldn't even feel bad for him.

"Is that all?" I Ask.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Amber, I should've been there for you. Want I done when I found out was stupid, it was your decision and I shouldn't have gone off on you because you didn't want to speak about it."