Chapter eight

Warning: Abusive content towards the end.

Cayden

"Cayden, I'm a virgin."

My mouth opened in shock. Did she just say she's a virgin? "What?"

"I'm a virgin."

I bite my lip, raking my hand through my hair.

And then I grin.

"God you don't know how happy that makes, how good it is to hear that. I can't wait, baby."

"I'm not ready yet."

"That's fine, we can take this slow."

Amber bites her lip, looking down. "I'm sorry."

She's embarrassed.

I put my hand under her chin, making her look up at me.

"Don't you ever say sorry for telling me to stop. This isn't the last time your going to say it so your going to have to get used to and so will I."

I kisses her cheek before helping her off the counter.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask, smiling.

Nodding her head, she smiles back. "Yeah."

Walking over to the couch we both sit down, l pull Amber over to me to cuddle, and have her closer to me.

Putting one of my arms around her I put on Netflix and pick a random movie.

But all I can think about throughout the movie is Amber. How close we're sitting. How much I've enjoyed the last twenty four hours. Everything about her. Her beautiful brown eyes and long brown hair. Those lips that look so good and all I want to do is kiss them.

But I know there's something she's not telling me. Not telling anyone. I just don't know what it is. She seems so happy but if you watch her long enough you notice the way her smile drops the second she thinks there's no one looking at her or the way her smile is fake whenever people bring up certain subjects.

Or the bruises the ones on her legs that I seen before, I actually started to believe what she'd said but the patch in her cheek today, that I know was not makeup. I might not know much about makeup but I know for sure that wasn't it. I'm going to find out what's going on because I'm sure those aren't the only bruises she has but it's not like I can go looking on her body for them.

Her father. I know there's something going on there. She always closes off when he's mentioned. She usually calls him 'he'. And he has an easy way of giving her bruises plus it could be why she won't tell anyone.

God this girl, she's all I can think about.

I just want her to trust me. Tell me what's wrong so I can fix it. Is that to much to ask for? Trust? I know I betrayed her trust before but I just want her to trust me again. I just want her to tell me what's going on in her life.

"Cayden!" Amber breaks me out of my thoughts. "You've been spaced out for like five minutes, the movies over."

"Oh I'm sorry." I say.