Chapter nine

Amber

I've been looking through my closet for about a half an hour now, still looking for something to cover up the bruises that have turned most of my body a reddish purple colour.

I look at the bruises in the broken mirror, they're on my stomach, face, top of my arms, and legs which usually happens but this time they're really dark, and really hard to cover up. I wonder how long they'll take to fade.

I go back to my closet taking out some adidas leggings and an old sweatshirt, that is a little bit short but you can't see any skin with it on.

I put them on and sit on the ground using a small mirror to do my makeup instead of the broken one. 

After I've my face caked up to the point you can't see any bruises on there, I spray it with some setting spray before getting off the ground.

I check the time on my phone to see its almost one, so  I put on a jacket since I'll be walking to Wendy's.

After putting on my shoes I pick up my keys and phone before making my way downstairs and out the door, locking it on my way. 

I take out my phone to text Naomi.

I'm on my way.

Naomi answers me a second later.

Okay we're all here.

A few minutes later I'm walking into Wendy's. I spot Naomi, Chloe, Mikey, Ryan, Jordan, and Cayden sitting at one of the booths.

I walk over to them.

"Hey." I say and smile, and everyone looks at me and smiles.

They all greet me, and I take off my jacket before sitting down in the only empty spot, beside Cayden.

We all decide on getting pancakes to share, before the waitress walks up.

"Hey my names Ella, I'll be you waitress for today." She smiles, taking out her pen and notebook. "What can I get you all?"

"Can we just have three plates of extra pancakes and the some toppings on the side." Naomi says.

Ella takes it down, before ripping the page out of her notebook and putting that and her back. "We'll get that to you as soon as possible."

Ella walks away, and conversation starts on the table.

"Where was everyone yesterday? You all went MIA on me." Jordan says.

"You know I was with Chloe." Mikey says.

"Yeah so that leaves Cayden, Amber, Naomi, and Ryan so because I know who you guys like I'm assuming Cayden you were with Amber, and Ryan you were with Naomi."

"Yeah you assumed right." Naomi says.

"God all my friends are whipped."

"How was your dad after that yesterday?" Cayden asks as he turns to me.

"I didn't stay up to much longer." I answer.

That's not really a lie I'm just leaving out some information.

Ella walks up with the plates of pancakes with the toppings on the side and she gives us all some plates to put what we want on them.

The table is quiet as we all eat and after a few minutes the plates are empty and the conversation is starting again.

"Is a lie not a lie though." I hear Chloe say at the other end of the table.

"I guess but what if the person had a reason? Not like for cheating but for if someone was getting bullied or abused or something." Mikey says.