Chapter three

*Beware abusive content*

Amber

For the next few days nothing really happens. I don't see Cayden or any of his friends in school, not that I go looking for them but I don't think they're looking for me either.  Me, Chloe, and Naomi hang out like usual at lunch, Chloe hardly ever bringing up Mikey.

It's Friday now, the day of the party in Mikey's. One of the only things that Chloe brought up about Mikey.

I get up a little later today because I had a shower last night. I get ready, and change into some jeans and a t-shirt and tie my hair up and putting on little makeup.

I put my things in my bag before going downstairs, assuming I missed my father leaving because I got up later. I walk into the kitchen surprised to see him sitting at the breakfast bar.

I turn around to walk out of the room but stop when I here him talking. "Where do you think your going?" He slurs so I know he's drunk.

"I need to go to school." I say, closing my eyes as the tears start to form.

"Come here I haven't seen you in awhile."

"I really am late." I say turning around and facing him.

He stands up stumbling over to me, pulling on my long hair.

"Please not today, not now." I whisper, closing my eyes to stop the tears.

"Does the slut have a date?" He pulls harder in my hair.

"No." I choke out.

He pulls me into the kitchen, throwing me onto the ground.

A shot of pain runs through my whole body. He kicks me non stop for a few minutes. I use my hands to shield my face from the kicks, getting kicked in the stomach and legs instead.

He takes me by my hair again pulling me up and making me face him. I close my eyes tightly knowing if I open them I won't be able to hold in the tears.

"Look at me!" He shouts. "Open your eyes bitch."

I open them when he pulls on my hair, feeling the tears pour down my cheeks.

"I don't want to see you again tonight!" He shouts before hitting me straight in the cheek, the spot where he hit me stinging from the sensation.

He uses my hair to throw me out the door, I fall into the floor in the hallway. He slams the door of the kitchen closed.

I get up, ignoring the pain all throughout my body. I pick up my bag which was beside the closed door, walking upstairs to my room and closing the door I go to the mirror and looking at myself.

My tied up hair is a mess and my makeup is running and patchy in the places he hit me. My clothes are tossed and dirty from where his dirty shoe kicked me. I lift up my shirt looking at the purple bruise that is already forming.

I take off my shirt and jeans putting on a pair of adidas leggings and a oversized t-shirt and a bomber jacket.

I take off my messy makeup putting more on make up sure you can't see any bruises forming, I leave my hair down so the it can cover my face more.

I pick up my bag looking at my phone for the time, seeing that I have already missed half of the first class. I quietly go downstairs leaving the house and start walking to school.

I make it to school fifteen minutes later, going to my locker I take out the books I need and start to walk to the class I'm supposed to be in.

As I'm walking towards my class I notice a group of boys ahead of me, I walk over to beside the wall and continue to walk.