Chapter 3 : Third Time's a Pinky Promise - Part 6 - Class Trial

"What?" Everyone, including Yaomomo, turned to Shouto in alarm. "Mina? How?"

"There was blood on Mina's hand. It's possible she could've killed him. And after stabbing him, she could've stepped in his blood. That's why his blood is on her," Shouto said.

"Ah... that makes sense. So Mina killed Hanta, and accidentally got his blood on her-"

"Wait up!"

>Break!<

"Hold on, Didn't Mina die first?" Mei exclaimed.

"That was our original assumption," Yaomomo replied calmly.

"But even with our current assumption, it doesn't add up! Hanta killed Mina and Mina killed Hanta both at the same time?! Then how did Hanta's body move, and Mina get hung up? It doesn't make sense!" Mei declared.

>Rebuttal Showdown : Start!

Mei Hatsume : Momo Yaoyorozu

Truth Blades: Anesthesia, Scissors, Rope, Pool of blood, Nejire's account, Crumpled duct tape, Blood on closet floor, Monokuma File #3, Fumikage's Autopsy<

"Nothing makes sense! Mina killed Hanta?! Hanta killed Mina? But Mina was killed first! How could she and Hanta kill each other at exactly the same time? Plus, following that logic, the bodies moved on their own, which is obviously impossible," Mei said.

"Whoever said they had to die at the same exact time?" Yaomomo countered.

"How else could they die? Mina getting hit on the head was fatal, and the scissors killed Hanta instantly!"

"I will cut through your words!"

>Fumikage's Autopsy : Cut!<

"There's no proof that the scissors killed him instantly. Fumikage stated that the scissors were most certainly the fatal wound, However, it might not have been deep enough to kill immediately. Fumikage didn't have the chance to check that. Blood loss, or the scissors shifting and cutting a vital organ, may have been his demise," Yaomomo explained.

"But the File said the scissors impaled in Hanta's abdomen were the cause of death!" Mei wasn't giving up.

"Then it's possible Hanta made a movement too sharply with the scissors still in the wound, and it moved to slice a vital organ, or major artery," Yaomomo countered.

"Well, why would he leave the scissors in, in the first place?" Mei shot back.

"Because if he had removed the scissors, the blood flow would not have been stemmed," Fumikage cut into the two girls' back and forth. "The scissors being left in the wound, if carefully held still, would have stemmed blood flow.

"However, he must have been too rash, and the blades shifted within his side, slicing an internal organ or artery and sealing his fate."

"Oh... I see. Fine then," Mei said, admitting defeat.

"So our current theory is that Hanta and Mina killed each other," Izuku spoke up. "Mina tied up Hanta and stabbed him. Hanta woke up and retaliated with his book. He set up her body and left the room, before dying down the hall."

"So it's just a theory," Hitoshi concluded.

"Well, it's the most plausible one yet, and covers everything, actually," Shouto retorted. "The blood in the closet, the rope burns... even the bookbags."

"Huh? The bookbags?" Tooru looked up. "How is that explained?"

"There were two bookbags in the closet, right? The second was Hanta's. The one with the books," Izuku explained. "So the first bookbag... doesn't this make that..."